chapter 16

"Where did you go?" you heard Loki's voice behind you after you had almost returned back into your room.
"The whole team is worrying about you." he added, trying hard to blame the concern on their shoulders. He didn't want to admit anything about his own concern.
"Nothing important." you sighed and walked inside to your room. Loki tried to follow you there, but he had to stop on the doorway when you growled a little at him. You usually didn't like to let anyone in, your room was like your wolf's territory.
"Okay little wolf, relax, I'm not coming if you don't want to." he backed off after he had understood your fear. Loki had learned pretty quickly how careful and zero trusting you were. And you really needed to respect it, many of the team still didn't sometimes get that and they often stepped over the line. Loki instead, knew when to back off.

"I get it, you're still upset. I'll leave you alone for now. I'll be in my room if you need anything." he bid you gently with a soft smile. It was kind of adorable.

Wait what.

No wolf, don't you dare to think he's adorable.

*

You woke up from your couch again, which was weird since you had went to your bed last night. It was just probably your wolf again, wanting to sleep on the comfortable couch.

You stood up and headed at your door to get outside and have some breakfast. Since you had missed your evening snack yesterday, you were hungry as hell.

"I just don't get it brother." you heard Thor's voice behind your door. Sound of two different people's steps and smell of frost and mint told you, that Thor was with Loki, and he had probably just got here to get his brother to join others. Loki didn't seem like a type of people who liked to willingly hang out with others.

"What?" Loki snarled and you heard how they started to walk towards the elevator.
"How Y/N had started to trust you that quickly! It took me like two months and I think she still doesn't trust me enough." Thor murmured and was obviously curious about Loki's ability to win you on his side this fast.
"She doesn't trust me as much as you might think, brother." Loki grumbled and you could almost feel his gaze towards your door.
"Doesn't seem like it." Thor replied, his voice had sound of amusement in it.
"I think we all know how hard is to earn werewolves trust, or are you guys really that stupid that you didn't even know that?" Loki murmured. You were little surprised how quicly he has learned about your kind.

"Yes we do, you have no idea how much we tried to learn about them during the first weeks when Y/N joined us. And still, it feels like we don't know enough." Thor snarled, sounding little disappointed. He really wanted to know you better so he could understand your feelings.
Then their voices disappeared as they stepped inside the elevator and headed downstairs. Meanwhile, you opened your door and peeked out. You actually didn't mind at all when you heard your teammates talking about you. You had got used to it and because of your good hearing senses, you had heard all of their conversations. It was actually more like fun to listen to them and hear how they helplessly tried to figure out how werewolves worked.

You joined the rest of the team for breakfast. Nat had cooked delicious smelling porridge and the others were already eating it.
"Y/N, are you alright? You disappeared quickly yesterday, I was worried." Steve asked when he had noticed you. He was always so worried about all of the team members and was always taking care of you all.
"I'm okay." you mumbled and walked over to Nat, who was already handing you a big bowl of her porridge. Then you walked back and sat next to Clint, who was probably eating his third bowl already. He was a big fan of Nat's food.
"Where did you go, lady Y/N?" Thor asked politely and shoved a piece of bread into his mouth. You felt how everyone turned to look at you as you grabbed your spoon and took a taste of your breakfast.
"I just... had something important to do. Wolf things.." you tried to avoid the direct answer and put more porridge in your mouth.
"Had it something to do with yesterday?" Tony decided to spoke up. He was looking at you with his eyebrows raised up.
You thought for awhile. Should you tell them, or just lie? You felt bad when you had to lie to them, they all had been so kind and generous to you from the very beginning.

"Well.." you hesitated.

"So it was.." Tony sighed and looked concerned. He had doubted you from the very beginning, and now he had a feeling that he had been right.
"What did you do?" Nat asked when she had suddenly appeared on your other side.
"I visited my old pack." you told them firmly, trying to sound like it was nothing. Steve looked shocked and Tony raised his eyebrows in confusion. They would had never thought that you would visit them by choice. The whole team knew how much you hated them, so of course they were shocked. But Loki didn't look that shocked, he was more like curious, and wondering what was so special about you meeting your old pack. He hadn't been around enough to know. Although the team didn't know the exact reason for your leaving either, you had never wanted to open up about it.

"Why on earth did you do it? It was dangerous!" Tony grumbled, he was worried even though he didn't admit it.
"It could've end up badly, Y/N." Steve admitted, agreeing with Tony.
"I can protect myself!" you growled, trying to control your wolf at the same time. You hadn't admitted it to anyone, but you really had some issues with your wolf and it was hard to control it sometimes. Especially when you were angry.

"And I also needed to clarify some things.." you mumbled and drew your gaze towards your legs, avoiding the eye contacts.
"What things?" Nat asked gently, she usually noticed when you were upset and tried her best to be kind with you. You heard Bruce's long sigh from the other side of the table.
"You needed to know if one of them belonged to that gang we ran into." Bruce said, he had been clever enough to figure it out by himself.
You nodded in response and then got back into your breakfast.
"Are you alright? Did they try something or..?" Steve asked then and you couldn't ignore the fact that every single one of them was staring at you.
"I'm fine, they didn't try anything. They were actually happy that I warned them about those wolves." you replied and tried quickly to finish your breakfast.

Steve nodded in response, seeming to be relieved that you were alright. You also noticed Loki's concerned and doubtful gaze. You knew he had something in mind and you knew he was going to bring it up later.