chapter 30

You felt nothing more than just pain. Hundreds of claws were tearing your back as you tried your best to stay on their way. You couldn't let them hurt Loki anymore.

But then, out of nowhere, you heard alpha's howl coming from somewhere in the woods. All of them stopped immediately and ran back to their alpha, including your mother who had been with your sister all this time.
/You're lucky that alpha wants you alive./ alpha's second said to you and then he disappeared with others. And after you had made sure that there really was no one left, you collapsed next to unconscious Loki.

*

You slowly opened your eyes again and first thing you saw was Loki. He was still lying next to you and his eyes were still closed, but you heard his heartbeat and it was beating well.
Slowly, you got back on your feet. It was still night, and you believed that you might had been unconscious only an hour or two. You also noticed that your sister's body was gone, probably dragged away by your mother. She hadn't given you a chance to say your final goodbyes.

You limped closer to Loki, he was full of bruises and you knew you had to get him out of there as soon as possible. But you couldn't shift back yet, so you just had to grab him by his collars with your teeth and start to drag him back to the tower.

*

It took you a very long time to get him back to your home. He was pretty heavy and you were very injured, which made it just more harder.
You just hoped that the team was back so they could take care of him.

And you also couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Loki had somehow found you in the middle of nowhere. And he wasn't even supposed to be anywhere near that place.

So how did he get there?

That was something you definitely needed to discuss with him later.

You got to the door and Jarvis let you in. Straight away, you sensed that no one had come back yet. It was just you and Loki alone, and you had no idea what to do. You just had to live in hope that Jarvis would be clever enough to alarm the team for you.
Then you looked around you, where should you go? Medical was too far away and you couldn't use the elevator. But then you remembered that the little library of yours was only one floor higher. And so you began to carry Loki up the stairs very slowly, carefully and painfully, all the way to the library.

You dragged him next to the fireplace and left him there. Dragging him for that long had made your condition only worse and you collapsed right next to him again.

*

Next time you woke up to sounds of different people and a loud, irritating, beeping noice. You slowly opened your eyes and realized soon that you were in the medical with the whole team with you.

You sat up little too quickly and you let out an yelp. You were still pretty injured.
"Y/N, thank god you're awake." Nat said as they all rushed over to you. You looked at them one by one and then down at your arms.
"You shifted while you were unconscious. Just when the sun rose." Clint explained shortly.
"Where's.." you began.
"Loki is alright, he's still asleep." Bruce said while he was checking your vitals.
"You're both gonna be alright." Steve said with slight smile on his face.

Then Tony noticed soon that you were quite lost in the situation. Your eyes were wandering around the room and you tried to remember. "We found you two lying in the library when we got back from the mission. Jarvis had told us that you two had arrived in here, so we tried to finish things quickly and come to see if you two were okay." he explained to you. Your memories started to float back slowly and you finally remembered what had happened. "How did he.. do you know how Loki found me?" you asked then.
"We have no idea. But when we were on our mission, two werewolves attacked again. And then pretty soon after that, Loki insisted to go to check if you were still alright. He didn't told us much and eventually he just disappeared, even though we told him that it wasn't a good idea and you would probably be just fine." Steve replied. He wanted to be honest with you.
"Obviously we were wrong." Thor grumbled. You can see how worried he was about his brother.
"And we are very sorry about that." Steve continued with true concern and regret showing on his face.
"It's fine, you didn't know." you replied.
"Loki did.." Nat sighed. And she was right. Somehow Loki had known that you had been in danger. It was very frustrating that you had no idea how.

"We should let you two rest now, but we would like to know what happened to you after you had recovered enough." Steve broke the silence. You nodded in reply and then they left you to get some rest.

And after they had vanished from your sight, you peeked behind your curtain and you saw Loki, lying on his own bed on the other side of the room. His eyes were closed and he seemed calm, so you assumed that he was still unconscious. You thought that it would be better to let him rest and wait for him to wake up by himself, so you decided to lay back down and wait.

"I'm already awake, little wolf." you heard then his voice and you jumped back up. Loki had opened his eyes and now he was looking at you with gentle smile on his lips.
"But I thought-"
"I woke up couple minutes before you, but I didn't bother to let them notice. I like to rest in peace and not be surrounded by bunch of concerned idiots." he said as he carefully sat up and tried to get back on his feet.
"They're not idiots, they just care about you." you protested. Loki laughed sarcastically as he hopped on his feet and was surprised that they actually supported his weight.
"Be careful." you said then as he tried to take his first steps forwards.
"Am I not always?" he smirked as he walked over to your bed and sat down next to your feet.
"Not really since you literally tried to fight against a whole pack of werewolves. That was stupid of you." you said firmly. You had been truly concerned about him and now he just played games. "Why did you do it?" you added then. Loki sighed heavily and you noticed how he tried not to show emotions as he began to talk.
"I'm gonna be honest with you, Y/N.." he began. "... ever since we left on the mission, I had this strange feeling. I knew it wasn't a good idea to leave you alone in here, especially in that condition." he sighed again and then he lifted his head up to look at you into your eyes. "And when I saw those werewolves in there I... I had this odd feeling.." he stopped, trying to find the right words.
"What feeling?" you repeated.
"It told me that you were in danger. I didn't know how.. but I was so sure about it so I had to get back in here to check if I was right." he replied. None of his words made any sense to you. You had no idea how that was possible and clearly he didn't either.
"But how did you find me then?" you asked next.
"The same feeling." he replied and you tilted your head in confusion. "I don't know how either, it felt like it was dragging me towards that forest you were in. And then I just found you, and I'm glad I did." he admitted and it made you both smile a bit.
"But you could've get yourself killed.." you said then. You really had been scared to death that you were going to lose him.
"It doesn't matter little wolf." he said softly while he carefully touched your hand and grabbed it into his. "Only you do." he said under his breath. You felt like you were blushing as you looked down at your lap. But then Loki slowly lifted your head back up with his fingers and your eyes attached with his charming green eyes. He slowly glanced down at your lips and began to lean closer. You held your breath again as your lips met. It was long, soft and gentle kiss and you loved it.

You really did.