chapter 8

You got your painful way back to the tower. It was still too early for others to be awake, so you had a chance to sneak into your room and not let them see you hurt.

You limped slowly up the stairs, as quiet as possible to your floor.

"Y/N?" you heard voice from behind. You sighed heavily, just right then when you had wished not to be seen by anyone.

You turned around and saw Loki who had just came out of his room, and now he looked at you with shocked expression on his face.
"You're hurt.." he said as he noticed your wounds in your leg. He knelt down in front of you to look at your bruises, but you backed further from him.
"Hushh little wolf, let me help." Loki said gently, his voice sounding very concerned.
But you still didn't let him touch you, you were too suspicious about him.

"Please Y/N, let me help you, you're hurt." he said softly again and offered his hand to you.
You sniffed it carefully. Somehow, his scent of mint and frost made you feel more comfortable and you lowered your shelter and let him touch you. Loki pet your head carefully and smiled gently in return.
"That's right.." Loki sighed softly. "Let's fix those wounds, little wolf."

You followed Loki into his room, limping painfully and trying not to make a single yelp out of your mouth. You really couldn't believe the fact that you were now heading to his room. What was this thing with your wolf that it had to let Loki help you? Where was your protection?

Loki signed you to his couch and you jumped on it, letting a squeak out of pain at the same time.
Then Loki walked next to you and sat down. With help of green glow in his hand, a bandage appeared on it. You watched curiously but suspiciously his ability to use magic. Loki noticed it and smiled in amuse.

He took a look at your leg and reached for it, but you growled. Loki sighed and turned to look at you.
"I'm not gonna hurt you, you just need to let me bond your wounds." he said gently and with calming voice. He reached for your leg again and this time you let him touch it.

He bonded it carefully but also with confidence. Seemed like Loki had done this a lot, and you really wondered why. 
"Okay Y/N, it's all good now." he said after he had bonded your leg and cleaned up those bite marks in your front feet.
"How this even happened? Was it your pack?" he asked, sounding still very concerned about you. You lifted you head up to look him into his eyes. You nodded carefully in reply, which made Loki sigh heavily.
"I believed that you would be safe in there, how is it possible?" he asked softly but firmly.

You actually didn't have the slightest idea why he was so interested about your pack and also your safety.
You just shook your head in response and stood up to leave his room. You were little too tired of listening those questions which you firstly; couldn't answer to, and secondly; it wasn't Loki's business at all.

"I think it's maybe better if you rest now in here. You can stay on my couch." Loki said, interrupting your attempt to leave. You turned to look at him and gave him a little growl in return. Loki rolled his eyes and smiled.
"Yes, I'm aware you don't trust me, but you can't walk with those bruises in your feet."
You growled again in reply. "I'll promise I won't touch you and I'll leave you alone in here. I think it's just better for you to stay on my couch for now." Loki tried to convince you, and you actually thought about it for awhile.

He wasn't so wrong actually, but you also felt little too unprotected in his room.

And why on earth he wanted to help you this badly?

Loki looked at you with raised eyebrows, waiting for your answer. You huffed and rolled your eyes as you nodded in response, making him smile in satisfaction.
You glanced at his blanket over the couch and Loki turned to look at it.
"Oh right..." he said and took the blanket and settled it on your back while you lay down carefully.

You licked softly and carefully his hand as thanks to him. Loki looked surprised, but then he just smiled gently in reply.
"Heal now, little wolf." he said softly and then left to his bedroom to get some rest too.

You woke up when the sun hit your face with its bright light. You opened your eyes slowly and looked around you.

Still in Loki's room..

Suddenly you heard a door opening and Loki stepped in with his wet hair and towel on his waist, letting you see his full trained body.
"Good morning Y/N, looks like you're back again." Loki greeted you gently after he had noticed your awakening. You looked down at your body and with fast reflexes, you lifted up your blanket to cover yourself. You blushed hard and Loki smiled in amuse. You didn't have almost anything on you, just your underwear.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked then and headed to his wardrobe, just like he hadn't even cared the fact that you felt extremely embarrassed in front of him.
"Hmhmm.. yes I do.." you mumbled and still helplessly tried to cover your body. You noticed too that you still had Loki's bonded bandages around your leg and one in your arm.

Loki dressed up and then started looking for something from his closet. He took out a green t-shirt and then walked over to you the shirt in his hands.
"Here, you can borrow this." he said and handed it to you. You wouldn't have wanted to take it, but you didn't have any other clothes nearby and you definitely weren't going to run through the corridors with only a blanket covering your nearly naked body.

You grabbed his shirt and thanked him quietly. Loki walked back to his bedroom, leaving you to change in private. It was kind of a gentleman move from him, and you really appreciated it.
You put his dark green shirt on and it was just big enough to cover your whole body, except your legs.
Then Loki walked back with two bandages in his hands.
"Let me change those for you, they're bleeding." he said softly and knelt down in front of you. He unbounded your bandages and they still looked pretty bad which worried him bit more.

"I can change them by myself too." you hesitated.
Loki smiled. "Just let me help you this one last time." he said and started to bond your wounds again. You didn't like to be helped at all, but if you let him help you now, maybe he will leave you alone for the rest of the day.
"You wanna tell me now what happened?" he asked suddenly while he was still bonding your wounds.
"No.." you blurted firmly, turning your head away from him. Loki sighed and nodded, he was smart enough not to argue with you right now. Wolves were extremely self-protective when they were hurt.

"Thank you.." you said to Loki after he had bonded your wounds once again and now you were heading towards his door. Your walking was still pretty painful, but you weren't going to admit it.
"Anytime, little wolf." he replied gently with a kind smile on his face. You smiled a little in response and after checking your floor first, you headed outside to get back to your room.