08

Louis's POV

It's been nearly a week since Sloan's whole outburst during dinner. She's been more quiet than usual, she just sits and stares at the wall, unmoving, with a far away look in her eyes.

I was there that night when she had her nightmare, mom left the door open and I just happened to be passing at that exact moment to go to the kitchen. Thinking they were finally having a heart to heart conversation I stayed and listened only to hear mom shouting at Sloan to wake up.

When she sat up I got quick glimplse of her face and her eyes that were filled with pure terror. That was the first time I ever saw any emotions from her. She looked utterly terrified of what was in that dream. Then she screamed at mom and I wanted no more than to go to her and comfort her.

When Sloan was taken I was only 5 years old but I understood most thing like the lack of my baby sister running around with my toys or her trying to climb on my back to pull my hair. I was always closed of after that not wanting to talk to anyone, or be with any one.

Mom and dad started noticing when Enora was born. I never wanted to hold her or be close to her thinking she would disappear like Sloan. Eventually I got over that fear and grew to love my baby sister. Promising to myself a second time to keep her safe and I would try harder, be stronger for her so she wouldn't be taken away like Sloan.

That's why when I heard Beau didn't want the position as underboss I stepped up, started training to be stronger, faster and just overally better.

Sometimes I would have relapses thinking I wasn't good enough because I lost my first sister. When those happened I would drink and party until I wouldn't be able to pick up another glass. Mom and Dad insisted that I should go to therapy and that was 3 years ago. I didn't drink and party to that extent until last week when I couldn't take the pressure any more.

My sister had came back home finally, she wasn't the same 2 year old anymore, she is 17 she lived 15 years of her life without her family. We don't know what could've happened in those 15 years, but we'll just have to wait and see.

"What did that bag ever do to you?" Dion asks breaking me from my reverie. The punching bags swings wildly on the chains. I grab my water taking a sip, breathing hard trying to calm by racing heart.

"Mom and Dad wants to talk to us. Says it's important," he says waiting for me so we could leave. Dion and I always had a neutral relationship, we were most of the time civil and if we did argue it would be over the most petty things.

Nodding I grab my towel, wiping the sweat that runs down my forehead, I put my shirt back on until I could go to my room to shower. While walking to the meeting room with Dion we pass Sloan walking in the direction we came from.

She was wearing a pair of black biker shorts with a black Nike sports bra, she had airpods in her ears and her hair was tied up. As she walks by she nods at us continuing on her way, we both stop and stare at her taking in her numerous tattoos, toned thighs, arms and abs. My sister's a badass.

We arrive at the meeting room, mom and dad sat together on the couch discussing something, it looked important because they didn't even realize we were their until Dion cleared his throat.

"Ah good we were just debating our plan of action for some news we heard from some of our allies," We sit down opposite them waiting to hear what they had to say.

"We've been getting more and more Italians showing up at the house trying to get inside th gates. Every time we question them they all say the sam thing that they are going to get retribution. We dont know for what but they don't stop, the send others and they all say the same thing." Dad says.

"We also heard that the same thing has been happening to the Spanish and we think we should make an alliance." Mom said.

"We have arranged a meeting with subjefe of the Spanish Mafia." (Underboss)

"The underboss? Why not the boss?" Dion ask the same thing I was thinking. "We asked and they said that they want to keep their identity a secret." Dad answers.

"We want you to assign the best guards to Sloan, make sure they follow her when she leaves this house until she comes back and tell them to be discreet." Mom says dismissing us.

Dion and I both get ready, leaving the penthouse to the members mansion or our old home more like, to organize for the upcoming meeting and assign guards for Sloan.

Vote and comment, enjoy your day/night.