11

Sloan's POV

I drive to my mansion here in New York, it's pretty secluded down a long unpaved drive that looks just like the other trees from the street. I drive up to the gate, winding down the glass looking the guard who came to my car window straight in his eyes. He stands straighter looking away from my eyes saying, "Jefa," nodding. (Boss)

The gates open allowing me to drive in, around the house there are guards dressed in black, guns strapped to their bodies. Stopping in front the door I step out, face stone cold, I walk in, the guards nod at me stiffly, not daring to make eye contact.

A butler walk up to me saying, "Ma'am I'm sorry but you can't be in this house, my boss will not like this," he says panicking then putting his hands on my shoulder trying to lead me out the door. He must be new, he looks young and he had a slightly accent behind the fake one.

Italian.

The guards present in the foyer freeze holding their breaths. I stand unmoving staring at him hands on my shoulder then back to his face. He continues trying to lead me out the door, "You'll take your hands off me before I put I bullet between your eyes." I say, my spanish accent making it clear that I am in deed the boss.

He pulls his hand away quickly, eyes wide in fear.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry they said the boss was going to be coming today, I just didn't expect it to be a-a-" He stuttered, his acting skills needed some work.

"A what? A woman? Well this woman signs your paycheck and this woman could easily take your life and make it look like it was accident." I take a pistol from a nearby guard putting it to his head pulling the trigger. I watch as he flinches expecting me to kill him, but the safety was still on.

He sighs relieved, "I won't kill you this time but one slip up and your dead understood?" I ask looking into his eyes, he nods quickly as he turns his mouth turns up at the end smugly thinking he got away.

'Bang'

His body drops to the floor, blood pooling around his head and body. I give the gun back to the guard, "Who the fuck hired him?"

"Ambrose boss," he answer eyes trained to the wall. This is why I'm the boss and not Ambrose.

"How much?"

"4 in total Boss."

I sigh irritated before saying, "Bring the other 3 outside and gather all the employees."

I walk up the stairs to the meeting room where all the higher ranking member meets. The guards outside the door opens it nodding at me. I sit in my chair at the head of the table, raising my hand allowing them to start.

I lean back in my chair silently watching as they discuss the plan of action for the meeting with the D'Aboville's. They all start arguing when they can't agree with each other.

I raise my hand halting them immediately, "We will not threaten them into giving us part of their territory, they need this alliance and we need them to allow us onto their territory to let our shipments in, we don't need to start another war." I say looking them all in the eyes, "Understood?"

"Si Jefa." (Yes boss)

"Don't mention any of our assets and don't offer anything, if they ask for something out of bonds one of you will call me to make the final decision." They nod agreeing with my words.

"Why won't you be going boss? You didn't hide your identity from the Russians," William questions.

William is one of the first member we hired when this mafia started, by we I mean Ambrose and I. He always thought that he knew so much because he was in a cartel before, always questioning my decisions. He thinks that he should be the Jefe for what ever stupid reason he has.