37

Sloan's POV

"Are you sure this is going to work Sloan?" Ilya asked me.

"It has too."

"And what if it doesn't?" Andre argued.

I look up to them, "It has to, if it doesn't just get my mother out of there. If I'm not out in less that 5 minutes finish the plan."

"What!" Ambrose screams eyes wide.

"We can't-"

"Yes you can and you will, that's an order." I interrupt him, my stare unwavering.

"Let's get this shit over with." I say to them getting up from my chair and walking out the room.

As I ride the elevator to the top floor I think of my plan. It was a bit sketchy but this is all we had so we were going to have to work with it.

Upon entering my bedroom I notice the bed empty and the shower running. Walking into the bathroom, I get into the shower with him.

The closing of the glass door alerts him of my presence.

"Where were you?" He asked me looking down at me. I wrap my arms around his waist leaning my head on his chest.

"Somethings happened while you were asleep and I need to leave soon."

"Leave to where?" He asked me his hands moving up my back and into my now wet hair.

"Last night we were under attack, you were sleeping. They kidnapped my mama and I need to save her." I said to him grabbing my body wash.

"What? Why didn't you wake me up?"

"That could've been you they kidnapped Emmanuel, I had to keep you safe." I say to him never breaking eye contact.

"But-"

"No buts Emmanuel, it already happened this way I can't undo it. I must go now." I walk out the shower, grabbing a towel from the rack.

"Sloan your not telling me something." He said to me following me into the closet, towel around his waist.

"It's nothing you need to worry about, it will be over before you know it and I'll be back here with you." I say to him back turned to him.

It wasn't guaranteed that I would be coming back at all.

I dress in haste already knowing I was going to be late.

(You can imagine anything)

As I turn around to walk out the closet and out the room, he grabbed me by the shoulders holding me still.

"I love you." he whispered looking me in the eyes.

As I open my mouth to tell him how I truly felt about him but he placed his finger over my lips.