18

Sloan's POV

I slept horrible last night, after coming back from the ride with Acel I was booked. I didn't even know how I woke up in my room in the middle of the night.

I had a nightmare that woke me up from my peaceful sleep. I woke up at around 2 this morning unable to go back asleep. So instead I got up and got some much needed work done, even though I have sufficient employees I do still work when I have to prepare for a large investment or launch of a product.

The sun beams seep through my curtain darkening my laptop screen. I groan loudly rubbing my temple, getting up I walk to the bathroom to take a long shower. I wash my hair again this morning because of the incessant pounding in my head. Walking into my closet I pick out a simple outfit for the day not in the mood to go all out.

 Walking into my closet I pick out a simple outfit for the day not in the mood to go all out

(You can imagine anything)

I litter my fingers in rings, adding a few chains before walking to the kitchen. I sit on the stool, "Good morning," I say groggily to the present family not in the mood to talk.

A plate lands in front of me filled with chocolate chip waffles with powdered sugar and syrup. I lick my lips in anticipation muttering,"Thank you," to Dion who made breakfast this morning because Blaise and Acel are no where to be seen. I slowly eat my food even though it was delicious, rubbing my temples occasionally.

"Are you okay Sloan? You look tired." Beau asks me.

"Yeah I'm good just didn't get much sleep last night," I answer after swallowing my food.

"Why didn't you get much sleep last night Sloan?" Acel ask making his and Blaise's presence known as they finally walk into the kitchen.

"Just woke up and couldn't go back to sleep," I answer stoically taking my last bite of waffles.

Feeling someone staring I look up locking eyes with Louis who studies, his gaze perceptive. I look away staring out the windows, the fog rose from the trees slowly but surely. I wish my thought about him would leave just like that and never come back so I could never again have a memory about him or a nightmare.

"Sloan!" Nolan shouts my name in my ear loudly. I snap my head in his direction glaring at him.

"We've been calling your name for awhile now are you sure your ok," Blaise ask me looking worried.

"Yh I'm fine just lost in thought is all," I answer leaning back into my chair, tilting my head back I let my damp hair fall down my back and not on my shoulders.

"We want you home early today, we have an important dinner with a potential alliance to help us against the Italians." Acel says, this finally catching my attention. Fuck I forgot about that.

"Ok," I answer not giving anything away.

"Am I going with you today Sloan?" Enora asked me.

I shake my head, "I don't feel like driving today so I'm going with you and Nolan."