Chapter 20

Guys! Hey!! I am so, so sorry! I didn't mean to leave your hanging for so long!!!! Well, guess what... I have chapter 20 for you! I really hope you like this one. I made it a little longer, too, and added a little extra spice. And no, not the spice you are thinking of lol Anyway, enjoy!! And there will definitely be more very soon because I finally have an idea of where this story is going 🙃

(And just so you know, there's no crying in this chapter... I'm just saying cause the picture has them crying. But yeah, no crying, peeps 👌)

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

The events of last night couldn't leave Marinette's mind. There were so many things that happened, and she still couldn't get over any of them. And she still needed to tell Chat about the sudden kiss Adrien gave her.

Marinette couldn't help but stare at the milk as it swirled cereal around her spoon, her mind swirling, too. The tap of the juice carton being placed on the table somewhat lured Marinette's eyes away, looking up to see her mother twisting the lid off the juice container. Then, pouring some in a glass to place it next to Marinette's bowl.

"Thank you," Marinette spoke with her soft, sleepy, and concentrated voice. She dropped the spoon lightly and grabbed her glass, taking a sip of the apple and banana flavored juice. That didn't seem to calm her nerves down like she hoped it would, though.

"You alright, sweetie? You seem a little out of it," Sabine said, with her sweet, high voice. She put her hand on Marinette's shoulder as she walked back to the fridge. "Is it about school that you're worrying about?"

Marinette shrugged, putting her glass back down on the table. "Uh, kind of, I guess...?" She said it like a question. Partially yes and partially no.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Sabine smiled. The sound of clinking dishes sounded behind Marinette, hinting her mother was doing morning dishes. And Marinette sighed.

She wished she could tell her mom. She wished she could tell her everything about what was going on in her life. But why was it so hard? Especially, why did she have to hide the fact that she was Ladybug? That she was risking her life nearly everyday?

Marinette's head started to hurt.

The pain started to go away once she thought about Chat, though. Thinking about how it felt for him to hold her. And that made her feel warm inside. But also hot in the face. Because thinking about him ment thinking about the hot night they shared. Or the way he looked at her and touched her.... or the sweet, little note he left for her when he left...

I love you, princess.

"Marinette?" Sabine interrupted her thoughts.

"Huh?" Marinette said, shaking her head as if to shake her thoughts and blush away. "Oh! no, mom, it's fine. I'll get over it!" She gave her mom a smile, reassuring her that she really will.

Sabine nodded with a smile, and then caught the time. And by the look on her face, Marinette already knew she was late for school yet again. Making her scarf her cereal and juice down and then run upstairs to finish getting ready.

• • •

It was stressful for Marinette, with her quickly getting ready, grabbing her backpack and ushering Tikki into her purse. And then soon after bolting for school. It didn't help that Alya started talking her head off about last night, though. That made her much more stressful.