Chapter 2

Adrien was laying in bed. Letting his phone ring on his desk. He continued to let his phone ring and didn't think to check it.

While laying in bed, he stared at the ceiling in wonder of why Marinette was upset the last time he saw her. He hoped that it wasn't something he did or that Chloe said something hurtful towards her.

If Marinette was feeling this way because of Chloe again he was going to have a serious talk with her.

BUZZ BUZZ

"Are you going to answer your phone or just let my ears suffer while you just lay in bed?!" A small angry black cat said, "can you please answer your phone so that my ears can be at peace!?"

Adrien finally started to hear the buzzing from his phone, wondering how he didn't hear it before because of how obnoxiously loud it was.

"Oh uh...sorry plagg" he said apologetically. He got up from his bed and walked over to his clean and spotless desk. As he grabbed his phone he saw that Nino was calling him. He called him 4 times in the past 30 or so minutes.

'How long was I laying there?'
He wondered.

He answered his phone.

"Dude! Where were you? I've been trying to call you for the past hour!"

"Sorry Nino..I didn't realize you've been calling me-"

"How would you not notice if your phone is right next to you dude?"

"I...I don't know. I guess I was lost in my head.."

"Oh..are you alright man?"

"Yeah! Yeah I'm alright!" Adrien began to wonder about Marinette again. It started to frustrate him. Why would Marinette keep popping in his head? He was worried about her. He didn't want her to feel down.

'I should check on her'

"Well, what is it Nino? Why have you called me four times?" He said in a chuckle, "is it that important?"

"Uh..I was just wondering if you would want to come over and play video games? It's been awhile, you know?"

"Yeah...it has" Adrien said gloomily. He hasn't been over to Nino's place in about almost a month. All the photo shoots, fencing lessons, and piano lessons he's had have kept him away from hanging out with his best friends...except Marinette.

Almost everyday he sits on Marinette's balcony railing, talking to her about all of the Akumas he's fought, about his day and her day. Just about normal human and Parisian things (like the akumas).

"I can't right now Nino. Sorry...I just have something I need to do." Adrien said apologetically, "but I promise you that tomorrow I will finally come over so that we can play video games! Okay..?"

"Okay...fine."

"See you tomorrow..?"

"Yeah"

Adrien was left on the phone, with no one on the other line, just standing in place and feeling sorry for Nino. He promised he'd hang out with Nino tomorrow. He will keep that promise.

"Who was that? Your annoying DJ friend?" Plagg said bluntly.

"Hey!" Adrien said as he stomped over to plagg.

"I'm just kidding, kid!" He said raising his little arms, "if you don't mind me asking...but why were you staring at the ceiling for almost an hour..?"

His angry expression faded into a sad one. "Well..." he said softly, "when I left school, Marinette didn't look happy like she always does."

"She looked pretty happy to me."