Chapter 18

Well, hello there, my dudes (you know this would've been perfect if it were still Wednesday because then I could quote that one vine!! But nope! I decided to post this chapter on a Thursday!). So I actually wasn't thinking of posting this today. I was going to do it sometime next week, and I even told some of you that, but I decided to just do it today 'cause I feel bad for having you wait so long. So here you go! Oh, and this chapter is a little more mature. I know that some of you are young, so I died it down and didn't make it super mature. The mature in this chapter is safe 👍👍

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Merci mes amours ^••^

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

     After Marinette's incident with Adrien, she told Alya and Nino to leave. She didn't tell them what happened. She just felt very confused and wanted to process everything that night. They understood and left, thanking for the sweets and movies.

     The time showed 12 AM, putting the moon in full view at the center of the sky. Marinette laid in her bed, staring through her balcony hatch, thinking about everything. About all that happened at Prom with Chat... and Adrien's sudden kiss. That kiss completely baffled her. She didn't think once that night, at all, that he would hold her hand and kiss her the way he did. But no matter how sudden it was, she had to admit... that kiss was definitely filled with love. And it made her face turn into a hot mess.

     When he grabbed her wrist and stared at her, it shocked her, making her just stare at him. And then she was shocked even more when he just pulled her to him and kissed her. It was like he wanted to get closer to her, badly, when he almost forced his lips onto hers. It made her go stiff, pausing her entire body. Her brain even stopped. And when he pulled away, she was still stiff and she couldn't hear anything. Everything just went completely blank for her. It all came back down on her now, though. And she could only think of one thing:

     What will I tell Chat?

     She wanted to tell him, but at the same she didn't. She felt scared. Not for her, but for him and Adrien. How would Chat react? Would he go after Adrien? He was protective, oh did she know. Chat might snap. She did tell Chat that she had feelings for Adrien, so who knows what will happen if she tells him.

     She moved over to the left side of the wall, staring at it. She wanted to talk to Tikki, but she was sure that she was in a deep sleep. Earlier when Alya, Nino, and Adrien were over, Tikki snacked on a bunch of cookies that were stored in a cookie jar down in the kitchen. And when everyone left, she came back up, looking tired and stuffed. So she went to lay down. And by now she was probably asleep in her little cubby. Marinette really wanted to talk to her, to maybe get some help with all the thoughts in her head, but she can't go wake up Tikki and bother her with her problems.

     She just had to face them herself.

     Just on queue, there was a hesitant knock on the window/door above her. She looked over quickly, her eyes going wide and her lips turning into a smile when she saw Chat. It was like everything she was hoping to say—but at the same time not—just vanished. He was looking at her with a nervous expression, his smirk gone and usual cute wave of the hand stuck at his side. Her smile turned into concern and she went onto her knees to opened the window.

     "Chat..?" She spoke worriedly. He climbed in through the window, taking a seat in front of her. She sat close, her knees touching his, and stared into his eyes with worry. "What's wrong?" Her voice was quiet. He just stared at her, the same nervousness in his eyes. He tore his eyes from hers, looking to the side. His Adam's Apple bobbed up and down when he swallowed hard. "Kitty, what happened..?"