Chapter 16

Okay, so I wanted to let you know or make sure with you that I might make the next chapter or the chapter after that one more mature... if you know what I mean. So be ready for that. If you don't want me to do that, please let me know! I don't want to make you guys uncomfortable!

Anyways, enjoy this chapitre ♡︎♡︎

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

     Marinette, after she'd closed her balcony hatch, climbed down the ladder from her bed. She was still hot, her face being that red of a rose, when she decided to take a seat on her chaise. Tikki zipped out from Marinette's desk and landed on her left thigh, looking up at her with a patient expression. Patient because she was expecting Marinette to burst with words of how her prom night went.

     No words came though. All there was, was a dazed expression. Marinette's eyes were still wide, her blue irises swirling. This was still all because of what Chat said. What he whispered in her ear.

     Worry filled Tikki, causing her to float off of Marinette's thigh and up in front of her face instead. "Marinette?" Tikki wondered, waving her nubby hand to get her attention. When nothing came from her, no flinch or blink, Tikki poked at Marinette's nose in hopes that maybe the tickle would startle her in some way. Still nothing. That's when she thought of something. "Oh, my! Is that Chat Noir?" She pointes her hand at the round window behind Marinette.

     "CHAT!" Marinette yelped, standing up from her chaise and twirling her body to face the window. She ran to it, her hands reaching the window frame to grasp it. She looked out the window in hopes to see him because she wanted so badly to see him again. She moved her eyes to every building in search of him, but when she saw no one and heard nothing she turned around and shot a glare at Tikki, puckering her lips as a sort of pout. Tikki giggled and glided to her.

     "Well, I'm glad that worked," Tikki sighed. Marinette gave her a confused look, cocking a brow.

     "What do you mean?"

     "When you came in here you just sat down and didn't say a word! I tried to snap you out of it," Tikki said in her cute little voice, "but you stared off like a deer caught in headlights!" She folded her nubby arms and smiled are Marinette. "What happened, Marinette?"

     Marinette's eyes went wide for a second until they moved towards the ground in a sheepish way as her cheeks went back to their red flushed color. She played with a strand of her hair, curling it out her index finger. "Hah... uh, N-nothing," She mumbled, trailing off mid-sentence. "I-I need to go down to the bakery, Tikki. Alya and Nino are w-waiting for me." She casted her eyes at Tikki for a split second, patting her little head with a finger, and walked quickly towards her bedroom hatch.

     Not long after, Marinette was down in the bakery. She laid her eyes on Alya and Nino as they walked in through the bakery doors. Right on time! She met eyes with Alya and smiled as she walked to her and Nino in a cheery way. Alya was cheery, too, only until she didn't see Chat following along side her.

     "Where's Chat-" Marinette hushed Alya before she could finish. Alya looked at Marinette with a cocked brow.

     "I didn't tell my Maman and Papa that I went with Chat," Marinette whispered, covering the side of her mouth where her parents were. The three of them looked over at her parents, their eyes meeting theirs, and smiled nervously. "Let's head upstairs, you guys!" Marinette's blurted out and grabbed their hands. They went up the flight of stairs to Marinette's room, opening the hatch and climbing into her room. They then walked over to the Chaise and took a seat on it, Marinette sitting on the very end of the sofa while Alya and Nino sat on the sides.