Chapter 23

Hey, loves! This chapter is a bit short, but I felt bad for not getting another chapter out there. So here you go!

I swear the next chapter... or after... will be full of romance and hot stuff lol

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

"Chloé...," Adrien sighed, an awkward grin on his face. She let go of him, patting her hair down and tightening her ponytail. Then, she grabbed hold of his hands.

"And, hey, why weren't you at the ball? I was looking forward to dancing with you!" Chloé pouted. She shook his hands, sort of swaying their hands side to side as to be cute. But it only annoyed Adrien. He chuckled awkwardly.

"You know my father... didn't want me to go and wanted me to work on my Chinese and piano lessons," Adrien answered somewhat honestly. It is the truth most days.

"Still, I waited for you! I was so looking forward to dancing with you, my Adrikins!!" Chloé whined again.

Adrien wanted to get away from her. He wanted to check on Marinette, or be with her instead of Chloé. No matter how much Chloé ment to him, he was still annoyed with her and avoidant when it came to her. Adrien moved his eyes away from the blonde, tuning her out as she whined on and on, and landed his eyes on Marinette.

Marinette was still at the stairs, just a small distance away. Once she looked back at him, she sent him a little wave and smile. He smiled back, and he grabbed onto Chloé's shoulders.

"Okay, Chloé, I am very sorry. But I couldn't do anything about it," he said, giving her a small smile. He took his hands away from her shoulders and grabbed her hands which stuck to his neck. He peeled her hands away and put them back at her sides. "Now I have to go, okay? Okay."

Adrien walked away, going to where he actually wanted to be. Marinette. He wanted to talk to her and see if she was fine. But then Nino and Alya caught up to her before he could.

"Girl!" Alya worried. "Are you okay? Where did you go off to?"

"Did your get lost while looking for my dude here?" Nino chuckled, pointing a thumb to Adrien.

"U-um, yes I did! Yep! I got lost," Marinette said, hiding what actually happened. She rocked on her feet.

"Where did you even go, Adrien? You just disappeared... like magic," Nino's eyes widened, asking Adrien with his expression if he used magic. Adrien laughed and shook his head.

"No. I, uh, had to go to the... bathroom," Adrien grinned awkwardly. "None of the stalls were open, so I had to wait..."

"Did ya almost whiz yourself?" Nino clapped his hands. Only to get a smirking, elbow poke from Alya. "Ow! What was that for?" Nino whined.

Then, Mr. Damocles yelled to get everyone's attention outside, telling everyone to get back inside and back to class. As everyone started to walk off, Alya and Nino grabbed Marinette and Adrien, walking back into the school. Alya and Nino walked side by side, leaving Marinette and Adrien together.

Adrien didn't hesitate to speak.

"Are you okay? I wanted to ask earlier, but... you know," Adrien sighed a laugh.

"Chloé," Marinette nodded. Adrien, too, with a little smile. "Yeah, I'm okay."

Marinette looked down at her feet for a second before turning her head to Adrien. "Thank you," she spoke quietly.

"For what?"

"For... talking to me, and being there for me," Marinette smiled softly. Her face started to burn. "Y-you're very sweet, Adrien."

Adrien's face, too, became flushed, his throat disabling him to speak. He just looked at her, his smile still in place, and Marinette quickly looked away. All while the thought of knowing Adrien was Chat and vice versa was going through her head, repeatedly.

The more she looked, the more she realized. And the more she so badly wanted to kiss him and touch him.

He was her knight in shining armor. He was her sweetheart.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

( ̄(工) ̄)