Chapter 11

Marinette

Thump Thump.

My heart beat against my chest, almost as if it were trying to break apart my rib cage and tear out from my chest, so that it could be closer to him. I could feel the fast rythme of my heart and I'm definitely sure Chat could feel it, too.

After he'd pulled me in and kissed my hand, my body was next to his, chest to chest. It felt right to be like that, with him right next to me. I could feel his chiseled chest, which let me tell you gave me goosebumps because he was so perfectly and athletically built.

His clawed hand was still in mine and his green eyes were still staring into mine. I could've melted away right then and there.

His smile softened. "You look paw-sitively ravishing, purr-incess," he said, with a voice that was low and full of purrs. The sound of his voice was almost husky, maybe because he was purring, but it made my face heat up two times more than it all ready was. I opened my mouth to say something, but I was too flustered to speak. Stop making me feel all flustered, silly cat.

"And all I did was put a bow tie on," Chat said and motioned to his bow that replaced his bell. It was black, matching his suit. "I maybe should've at least tried to look more suitable for a prom dance." He chuckled. His laugh put butterflies in my chest.

"You-you still look nice," I finally spoke; though, it was hard. "You look really handsome," this time, I muttered, hoping to calm myself down and keep my stuttering at bay. But he definitely heard me. His sense of hearing is like a cat's for crying out loud!

I could feel his smirk. "You think I look handsome, princess?" I nodded and put my head down, enough for him to hopefully not see my beet red face.

His hand brushed my jawline, then came down to my chin, to which he gently grabbed a hold of with his index finger and thumb. He lifted my head up, so that I could see him, and looked at me. He still had that smirk on him face. But it turned into a grin and I'm guessing because he saw my super red face. He chuckled lightly.

"What's wrong? Why are you so red?" His voice was filled with hilarity. My cheeks bulged with air and my brows furrowed, giving off a pouting face. He laughed more and his hand left my chin to brush down to my shoulder. His other hand was still in mine.

"W-well," I tried to speak, "n-nothing is wr-wrong! I'm j-just em-embarrassed! That's all!"

"Mari," he said, stifling his laugh.

"Wh-what?"

"You look like a tomato."

My brows scrunched together and he let out his laugh. "Stop!"

"S-sorry," he said in between his laugh. "Its cute." I blushed more.

"C-can We j-just g-go now!" I said, very flustered.

"Yeah," he breathed and let out one more chuckle. He opened his eyes from laughing and looked down at me. And with one swift move, he was holding me, bridal style, in his arms. "Shall we go, my princess?" His voice was back to being low and husky.

It was still hard for me to speak. "Go!" I squeaked. He laughed and he descended off to jumping from building to building with his staff, while I clung to him for dear life.

▪️▪️▪️

Third POV

They eventually got to the school after about 20 seconds because of how close Marinette lived by the school. Chat jumped onto the roof of the school, keeping Marinette in his arms, and looked down at the entrance. There were a lot of people. Everybody from the school and others were there.

He could see Alya and Nino making there way to the school, with Nino's arm over Alya's shoulders. Alya was wearing a Rena Rouge suit and Nino was wearing a Carapace suit. Why do they actually look like the real thing? Chat thought. He didn't know the identities of Rena Rouge and Carapace, but Ladybug did. Could Nino and Alya be them? Why did Ladybug choose them? Does she know them?

Putting the questions aside, he shook his head and turned his head to Marinette, who was also looking at all the people.

Marinette couldn't see Adrien anywhere. He wasn't pulling up in his car or limo. He wasn't with Nino and Alya. He wasn't somewhere to the side. He wasn't with someone else. She couldn't see him at all. Is he inside? She thought. Did he come to prom? Did he come alone? She looked away from the front of the school and turned her head to Chat, who was already looking at her.

"What's wrong?" He said, noticing that she looked down there for quite awhile and had a bit of sadness in her expression. "You okay?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah! It's just," she looked back down at the people, "there's so many people. And... I can't see Adrien." At his name, he jumped a bit. "I thought I'd see him here. I guess he decided not to come, or maybe his father wouldn't let him?"

Chat nodded his head. We'll just say that that's the case. "Maybe," he said, shuffling his feet against the roofing. "We'll see." He held her closer to him, getting ready to jump down to the front of the school, where everyone was. "Are you ready?"

Marinette turned her head towards him. "Yeah," she nodded and held onto him tighter.

Chat jumped down, with Marinette in his arms, to the front of the school and in front of a group of people. Two of the people being Alya and Nino. Marinette kept her date a secret from Alya, wanting to surprise her, and right away got wide eyes from Alya. As well as Nino, who's mouth was also shot wide open. The couple just stared at Marinette and Chat, being completely dumbfounded and surprised.

Who would've thought that Marinette's date would be the Chat Noir? Who knew the Chat Noir would go to the prom with Marinette? The couple thought.

The group of people before Chat and Marinette squealed in excitement to see Chat Noir standing before them. Most of the people that squealed were fan girls. And most of them were dressed up as Chat. His eyes bulged out of their eye sockets as the fan girls ran towards him, crowding around him and pushing Marinette closer to him. He shielded Marinette from them, hugging her closer to him and pushing her head closer to his chest.

"Chat Noir!"

"Chat Noir? Can I get an autograph?"

"You look so cute!"

"Can I get a kiss?"

"I love you, Chat!"

He cringed, hearing some of them say "kiss me" or "hold me". He grabbed his staff and pressed the button on it, lifting himself and Marinette above the crowd of Chat Noir dressed up girls. He held her closer to him.

"Sorry, Ladies," he chuckled nervously from above. "I can't."

They groaned, some said "why?" Or "what?", and they walked back to their dates. Some of their dates looked really annoyed and he understood. He'd feel annoyed if his date ran off to someone else. Please don't run off to someone else, Mari, he thought.

He brought him and Marinette back down to the ground, being met with Alya and Nino. They were still in shock. Alya was staring at Marinette and Nino was staring off into space. Marinette and Chat just looked at each other, giving a look of confusion to the other and shrugging.

Alya finally snapped and arched her brows at Marinette.

"Explain," Alya said, her eyes wide as ever, and pointed at Chat Noir. "I need the deets."

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Ohhhh I wonder what will happen next ~