Chapter 17

Hullo!! So this chapter is a little mature, but nothing too big. Just a couple little things. The next chapter might be more mature... definitely, but I'm not for sure yet.

I hope you like this!!

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

     Marinette walked out of the bathroom, wearing her pajamas, and took a seat next to Alya and Nino. They'd chosen a movie while she was in the bathroom and it was on its menu screen. Marinette recognized the movie straight away. "Why didn't you guys start the movie? I've seen all the movies in that drawer anyway," she laughed and crossed her legs when she quickly grabbed a pillow from the chaise.

     "We didn't want to start it without you. Plus, we just found out that Adrien is coming over!" Alya said, smirking widely. Marinette flinched at the name. She still hasn't gotten over him... "I told him that we were hanging out at you're place, so he decided to come over."

     "This will be awesome," Nino said as he clapped his hands. "All of us hanging out." As he finished, he threw his thumbs up and grinned. Marinette giggled and rolled her eyes.

     "Well, cool!" Her voice sounded a bit nervous, but she did her best to stay sane. She hasn't seen Adrien for a bit. If she were to be honest, she was really hoping that she'd see him at prom. For at least once. She was a little disappointed that he wasn't there. Maybe it was his father again, since he often times won't let Adrien do anything. It made her feel sad for Adrien. He never got to be free.

     "Girl?" Alya started. "Is it okay if we... have some treats..?" Both Alya and Nino give her pleading eyes, the type that you'd call "puppy-dog" eyes. It made Marinette sigh a small laugh. She nodded. "Ohhh, thank you!"

     Marinette made her way to her door-hatch and left to go down into the kitchen. She checked the kitchen to find that there weren't any treats stored away in the pantry or in the fridge, which she found a little odd since there was always something. So she went down to the bakery.

     The bakery was quiet, empty of her parents and of customers. She looked at the time to see that it was 9 PM, which made sense as to why the shop was closed. It closed at 8 PM usually. Wait, Marinette thought. Can Adrien even come here at 9? Usually, his father wouldn't let him go out at this time. Maybe Adrien convinced him?

     She walked over to a counter at the end of the kitchen and grabbed a small plate of macaroons, as well as a plate of cookies and croissants. She stacked the plates on top of each other, being careful to not drop the plates. As she was about to leave to go back up stairs, there was a knock on the bakery doors. Marinette jumped a bit, poking her head over to the door. Her eyes drew wide as she saw a waving and smiling Adrien Agreste. She quickly went over to the counter to set down the plates and then ran over to the doors. She unlocked them and then opened them.

     "Hey," Adrien said in a quiet but sweet voice. His right hand was on the back of his neck, making him look nervous. Marinette didn't know why he was, but smiled at him.

     "Um, hey! Uh, come in!" She waved him inside while she internally high fives herself for not stuttering. There were some "um's" and "uh's" in there, but it wasn't too bad. He came in, letting Marinette close the doors and lock them again. She turned around to him, for a split second seeing him look at her and then quickly look away. She blushed lightly, shaking her head, and walked over to the plates on the counter.