Chapter 21

Okie, well I hope you guys like this one! I did my best with incorporating an Akuma attack... it was hard lol (and I hope you don't think it's too gloomy)

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

She was gray.

The old white her skin already had, had drained out of her as her soul left her body. Leaving her to sit there in her rocking chair, to slowly but surely go limp. To have her face drained of color but a little smile on her wrinkled lips.

And she saw it all.

She watched the whole thing unfold in front of her eyes.

With Life being as it may, her grandmother was gone from this world, after years of being her cheerful self. And yet, with death at her feet, her grandmother was still happy and looked forward to her last day. But with her hand held out to her grand daughter to hold her hand one last time.

And just like that, the poor 22 year old broke down into tears. Being bate for a small, feared butterfly, to take over her entire self and engulf her in grief and terror. Leading her to a form of destruction.

• • •

Adrien, taking the form of Chat Noir, stepped out of the room he hid in while he transformed and propelled himself to the second floor of the school. Once he got to the door of his classroom and saw that Marinette was there, safe with Alya and Nino and the rest of their friends, he felt better and stronger. And after hearing loud screams from down the streets, close to the Cathedral of Notre Dame, Chat left to go see the commotion. Trying to get in touch with Ladybug at the same time.

• • •

Marinette saw him from the window of the classroom. Her legs wanted to run her over to him instantly, but she stopped herself once she heard a scream from outside. And she couldn't stop her heart from racing at the pace it was going. It felt as though her heart would beat itself out of her chest.

How did she not see it before?

"Okay, students?" Ms. Bustier spoke out, getting everyone's attention. "Gather all of your belongings and let's all go downstairs where it's safer." She motioned her hands to their backpacks, leading everyone to doing as they were told.

"Where's Adrien?" Nino worried, looking to Marinette for an answer as she was last to see him.

"I don't know. He just left after we talked and I didn't see where he went," Marinette lied. She knew exactly what was going on. She knew exactly where he was or was headed off to.

She finally knew.

"We can just look for him when we get down there," Alya said, feeling a tad anxious. Her, Nino, and Marinette all grabbed their bags, with Marinette quickly putting the strap to her purse over her head and gently patting the area where Tikki laid.

Everyone walked out of the classroom door together, with Chloé making a fuss about here and now. She was worried for Adrien, too. And Sabrina tried to cheer her up.

They all got downstairs, and once they did Marinette made sure she was at the end of the line to leave and transform, while Alya and Nino stuck together. Marinette quickly hid in a room, checking to see that no one was inside, and shut the door behind her. Opening her purse, Tikki zoomed out.

"Everything okay, Marinette? I noticed you left the room in a hurry earlier," Tikki worried, her sweet voice at its high pitch. Marinette placed her backpack by the door.

"I had a lot on my mind, but I'm okay now," Marinette smiled and nodded. "It's time to go." She called out her transformation, turning into Ladybug.

Then, as the pink glow was gone, a 'ping' came from her yo-yo. It being multiple texts from Chat, those being warnings of an Akuma and questions of when she was getting there. She sighed, feeling extra worried now, and immediately left to go to him.

Her feet tapping onto the roof where Chat waited, she made her way to him, quickly.

"I'm here, kitty," Ladybug called him out. She watched Chat turn around to see her, his face blanketed with relief.

"Finally! I was getting worried you wouldn't show up!" Chat kid. He chuckled, and walked up to her. "Do you know anything about the Akuma? Or do you need me to tell you?"

Ladybug just stared at him for a second, almost like she was studying him. It made Chat look behind him or more like around him, to see if maybe there was something on him. And then Ladybug shook her head.

"Sorry. Uh, no, you'll need to tell me," Ladybug said, quickly. She brought her hands to her cheeks, giving them a quick pat because of how jumbled up her mind was at the moment. Chat just looked at her in confusion and concern.

"So," Ladybug started. She walked over to the ledge of the roof, with Chat behind her, and looked over to the Akuma doing its work. She put her hand on her yo-yo. "What do you know so far?" She cleared her throat.

Chat stood next to her, just as ready as she was. "Not much. Only that she's called the "grim reaper". I don't know what her objective is, besides getting our miraculous's," Chat said, sighing towards the end because of the same old same old.

"But by watching with, you know, my super cool cat eyes," Chat grinned at Ladybug, getting the usual eye roll and small smile, "I think I know what the Akumatized object is..." Chat pointed Ladybug to what was in Grim Reaper's hand which was, in fact, her hand fused with an old home phone. The phone giving the Grim Reaper the ability to take the lives from anyone around her, just with a phone call.

Chat and Ladybug looked back at each other, giving the other a knowing nod, and they were off.

Ladybug used her vision to come up with a way of stopping Grim Reaper while Chat was fighting them off and keeping everyone safe. Eventually, ladybug figured it out, quickly grabbing the things around her which she needed. And with the fast actions of the two, they ended Grim Reaper's terror, and broke the phone. Leading to Ladybug purifying all fo Paris, the lost people, and Grim Reaper.

When Grim Reaper fell to the floor and de-transformed, the young woman blinked and looked around, confused. When she saw Ladybug crouched to the ground next to her, sincerity bright in her face, she sniffed and cried. Ladybug hugged her tightly, rubbing her hand against her back as to comfort her.

"I'm so sorry," the woman choked. She pulled back from Ladybug and tried to gather herself. "I didn't mean to—I didn't mean for this to happen. I just saw my grandmother leave me and I tried to call for an ambulance and-and—"

"Everything will be okay," Ladybug interjected. She smiled sweetly. She handed the phone to the woman. "She's in a better place now," She soothed. The young woman gave Ladybug and Chat Noir a teary smile.

After, when the woman left to her home in an ambulance, Chat and Ladybug stood on a roof. Ladybug sighed to herself, glad that everyone was safe, but feeling bad for the young woman and her grandmother.

"Well," Chat said, turning to Ladybug. "Shall we pound it?" Ladybug turned to Chat, looking at his fist that was out and ready. She only stared, and ignored his invitation. To instead give him a much needed and long hug.

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

How'd I do?
Ya excited for the next chapter, peeps?