Chapter 32: Pretty Blue Eyes

REALLY IMPORTANT A/N ON TRIGGER WARNINGS:

Just a quick TW for you guys, this chapter (and the next few) will depict physical violence. Nothing too extreme yet, but I wanted to give you the option to skip this chapter if you may be triggered, and please know you can always DM me and ask for a quick recap of the chapter without the violence and I can fill you in.

I'll also add the warnings for any chapters with this type of content, in case it is something you need to skip.

The type of violence that happens in the next few chapters is detrimental to Lily's growth as a character, and whilst it's vital for the plot, I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or trigger anyone, so please, heed the warning and protect yourself.

Sending you all so much love, thank you so much for all of the interactions, whether it be reading, commenting, or voting. It means so much <3 <3 <3

Chapter 32

Chapter 32.

"I will have to die for this, I fear,

There's rage and terror and there's sickness here,

I fight because I have to,

I fight for us to know the truth,

There's not enough rope to tie me down,

There's not enough tape to shut this mouth,

The stones you throw can make me bleed,

But I won't stop until we're free,

Wild hearts can't be broken."

- Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, P!NK.

__________

The journey stretched throughout the night and Lily had spent the majority of that time slipping in and out of consciousness and it wasn't until she felt the vehicle come to a bumpy stop that she realized she couldn't actually see anything.

Before she knew which way was up, Lily was dragged from the bed of the truck and given no time to find her footing, instead being dragged along. She could hear shouting and indistinguishable voices but was unable to focus on any specifically, instead they just became a sea of voices, passing by her in a blur as she was dropped, her knees landing on the rocky floor.