Chapter 5: Someone To Avenge

Chapter 5.

"Cold, as you turn off the lights and memories start floating around,
You're doubting yourself and you're tired of not being strong,
It hurts to be on your own, but you'll just have to wait,
Cause times running fast and it calms you to know it won't last,
It's easy to say it'll be OK,
But that's always the way it goes,
Slow down, slow down, slow down,
You'll be OK."

- You'll Be OK (acoustic), Michael Schulte.

-

Lily thought the arguments might stop once they all realized they had the same goal and definitely once the computer started beeping at them. But nope. Here she was watching them continue. Thor was convinced he should be the one to get the Tesseract, since it belongs to Asgard, whilst Tony and Steve were throwing insults at each other. Lily simply cocked her brow and shared a look with Natasha.

Men.

Before Banner could even explain what he'd found large explosions could be heard, ricocheting around the metal infrastructure as the engine was blown off, and a sudden burst sent everyone in a different direction. Lily, who was unfortunately stood closest to Banner at the computer was thrown through the display window, hitting the floor of the lower equipment room along with both the Doctor and the Black Widow.

"Put on the suit." Steve told Tony only this time it didn't have an ounce of a threat.

-

Lily's head collided with a metal pipe, causing her ears to ring and her vision to turn black for a moment before Natasha was hitting her in the arm. Had she passed out? Noticing the fallen pipe that had landed on the redhead, and the Doctor who was seemingly losing any sense of control he had, Lily sprung to action trying to dislodge the pipe as she ignored the throbbing in her head.

"Doctor... Bruce, you gotta fight it. This is just what Loki wants. We're gonna be OK, listen to me. We're gonna be OK, right? I swear on my life I will get you out of this, you will walk away and never -" Bruce was quick to cut off Natasha.

"Your life?!" The man shouted, his body stretching and convulsing as he slowly changed color.

Lily finally dislodged the pipe enough that Natasha could pull her boot out before the two stood and made a run for the stairs. Natasha leaped up after Lily, pushing the girl forward as they dodged the Hulk's attacks.

The two crawled through the catwalk as they felt the room vibrating. Pulling out her gun and raising a finger to Lily to silently tell her to stay quiet, Natasha stood looking upwards over some crates, causing the Hulk to roar. Shooting the liquid nitrogen pipe above him, it swung down and hit him in the face giving them enough time to try and make it out of the maze of corridors but the Hulk was quickly back on their heels as he tore apart everything in his way like it was wet tissue paper. Raising his hands and swinging, he shoved Natasha into the wall in one direction, Lily into the wall in the other. Turning his attention to the former, Hulk began his advance.