Chapter 35: The Big Bang

Trigger Warning: Violence, blood, abduction, torture, character death (not main). Proceed at your own discretion.

Line Break: https://thosekidswhohuntmonsters.tumblr.com/post/613165390687813632/marvel-dividers

Chapter 35.

"And the blood will dry, underneath my nails,

And the wind will rise up, to fill my sails,

See you can doubt, and you can hate,

But I know, no matter what it takes,

I'm coming home,

I'm coming home,

Tell the world I'm coming home,

Let the rain wash away, all the pain of yesterday,

I know my kingdom awaits, and they've forgiven my mistakes,

I'm coming home, I'm coming home,

Tell the world I'm coming home."

- Coming Home pt. II, Skylar Grey.

Lily could hear the men as they made their way towards the cell in the early hours of the morning. The sun had barely peeked through the horizon, the soft yellow haze slowly melting into the ocean blue. It used to be a site Lily loved to watch back home. But now, the soft pinch of pink looked much darker, like blood slowly pouring through the sky's seams, and the deep blue looked like it was ready to drown her.

She barely moved her head once the men spoke, her hands still pressed against Kesi's stomach, trying to formulate any energy she had left in her body as if she could bring the woman back from the dead.

It was futile, but she needed to try. To just keep trying. She didn't deserve to leave this hell if she didn't.

Her tears had dried long ago, tears for Kesi, for her daughter, and even for Coulson. That one had snuck up on her once Kesi had passed, causing Lily to stumble over her own breath as she remembered the man in a similar position to this, his blood on her hands and her being unable to help.