Chapter 6: Queen of Dramatics

Chapter 6.

"Head in the dust, feet in the fire,
Labor on that midnight wire,
Listening for that angel choir,
You got nowhere to run,
You wanna take a drink of that promise land,
Gotta wipe the dirt off your hands,
Careful son, you've got dreamers plans,
But it gets hard to stand,
Soldier keep on marching on,
Head down till the work is done,
Waiting on that morning sun,
Soldier keep on marching on."

- Soldier, Fleurie.

-

"Just stick to the plan, kid." Tony reassured Lily as he came to a soft landing on the roof of the Stark Tower. He'd learned his lesson not to simply try and attack the CMS device considering when he'd approached Selvig, the push back alone from the device forced both of them backward, Tony's hands almost slipping on Lily's suit from the unbreachable energy being emitted. They had to go with plan B.

Tony walked through the gauntlet, his suit being pulled off him as Lily followed not far behind until Stark took her hand helping to aid her down a few stairs like the gentleman he occasionally was.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki sassed, a wicked smile on his face.

"Uh... actually, I'm planning to threaten you." The two continued their slow and casual pace toward the bar.

"Should've left your armor on for that, quite possibly the civilian at home, too."

Lily huffed but kept her mouth closed as Tony nodded slightly toward Loki. "Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?"

"Stalling me won't change anything."

"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? Are you sure? We're having one." If anyone could out-sass Loki, it was the Queen of Dramatics; Mr. Anthony Edward Stark.

Lily accepted the glass filled only a 5th of the way up with a golden liquid and made the mistake of sniffing it first, quickly pulling her face away as her nose wrinkled in disgust.

Tony glared at her, clearly offended. That whiskey cost him $225 a bottle.

"The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers." Lily answered simply, before finally lifting the glass to her lips and taking a sip. She wasn't sure how it was possible, but it tasted worse than it smelled. Lily coughed and spluttered a little as the liquid burned her throat, Tony simply sighed as he rolled his eyes before taking the glass from her with a look of disappointment.