Chapter 11: Oh My Cabbages!

An Emergency Quest is a special event that involved the entire town. All available adventurers are called to meet at the front gate. Everyone would then work together to face the threat.

Naruto stood at the front of the crowd, having gotten to the gates first.

"What's going on? Is the town under attack?"

Kazuma said as he pulled up next to the blonde alongside his party.

"That's right, Kazuma and Naruto don't know. This usually happens around this time of the year."

Aqua said as she cracked her knuckles, seemingly fired up about the sudden emergency quest.

"What? What's happening?"

Kazuma persisted on Aqua explaining more, but the bluenette ignored him and turned to Naruto.

"You! During this event, we'll settle our score once and for all!"

Aqua proclaimed while pointing at the shinobi.

"Oi, Aqua! Don't ignore me!"

As Kazuma tried to regain Aqua's attention, Naruto shrugged.

"I don't mind the competition, but what are we doing? You seem to know what's going on, mind explaining?"

"Since you're in such dire need of help, I guess I can explain what's going on.

Aqua said as she started laughing haughtily.

Naruto's eyebrow twitched, but he held his tongue. He was going to wipe the floor with this girl's pride during their little 'competition'.

"This girl's hopeless... I'm the person who brought her here, she should be explaining this to me!"

Kazuma grumbled to himself as Aqua cleared her throat to begin her explanation.

"Now then, since you have the privilege of the great me explaining everything to you, I'll allow you to treat me to a drink after all of this is over!"

Aqua said with a triumphant grin on her face.

"Guess I'll just go ask Luna-Chan and the others..."

"Ah! I'm sorry! I'll explain it! Let me explain!"

While Aqua was convincing Naruto to stay and listen to her, Darkness moved to the front of the crowd and shoved the tip of her sword into the ground.

"Don't worry everyone, I will protect you!"

Darkness said in a serious voice, but the blush on her face made Kazuma uneasy.

'What's up with her... Hm?'

Kazuma thought when he felt a tug on his sleeve, and he turned around to see Megumin pointing. Looking in the direction she was pointing Kazuma's face paled when he saw Naruto had his back to them. A black piece of cloth was sticking out of the pouch the ninja wore on his waist.

Kazuma quickly looked back at Darkness and found that her blush was increasing, and her breaths were getting heavier.

Due to the sudden announcement of the emergency quest, Naruto had forgotten to return Darkness' bra and had unconsciously placed it in his pouch before running out of the guild before anyone really noticed.

'-And that pervert is enjoying having her underwear on display!'

Kazuma thought as he began to walk over to Naruto, who was listening to Aqua's explanation. He was going to put an end to this stupidity.

"...ing this time of the year is this world's cabbage harvest!"

Just as Kazuma was about to grab the bra from Naruto's pouch, he froze and looked at Aqua. Why was that girl talking about cabbages?