Chapter 59: Sweet Dreams Before the Storm

(Cecily Stealing Bread from the Eris Order

(Cecily Stealing Bread from the Eris Order...)
————————————————————

Hello all! Axel's second most beautiful and talented priestess, Cecily here! Second only to Lady Aqua herself. Obviously.

Life in the Town of Newbie Adventurers has been a lot more fun than I had anticipated. At first glance, this place is a dump full of weaklings and nasty Eris cultists. I mean, what would one expect by comparing the town to the Wonderful city of Alcanretia?

Anyways, my whole world was turned upside down by a handsome young man with blonde hair and blue eyes. Such features are uncommon in this kingdom and tended to be of nobles. Couple this information with the fact the boy was wearing expensive-looking armor and also wielded a magic sword, he was obviously of noble lineage. I vowed to Lady Aqua that I would not let him escape!

But he escaped.

I was devastated! My life of luxury was in peril! I prayed day and night to my goddess for a second chance at finding happiness!

And then-! Just as I was beginning to lose hope, I met another handsome young man with blonde hair and blue eyes. My prayers had been answered!

The moment our eyes met; I knew it was meant to be. It was love at first sight! Seeing him run away from me with a speed I had never seen before only sealed the deal.

"I must make this boy mine!"

Such thoughts floated around in my jumbled mind as my heart ached for this boy. I swore to my goddess that I wouldn't let this second chance go to waste... and so, using all my resources to achieve my goal I-

Received a debt of Four-Million Eris.

Stingy old man. Didn't he know that I was using his five-star restaurant to host our wedding for the good of the Axis Cult? I'm glad I replaced all the napkins with Tokoroten Slime wrappers before fleeing from the city.

But the debt proved to be useful in the end. After following the boy to his hometown, I learned that he had a bleeding heart! For reasons I cannot begin to comprehend, he felt partially responsible for my completely unreasonable debt and offered me a place in his adventuring party!

How lucky!

Being an adventurer may not suit a delicate lady such as myself, but I knew that I would be safe in my soon-to-be husband's protection. I was even reunited with my cute little lolis, Megumin and Yunyun~!

Of course, it wasn't all rainbows since then, and I've had my fair shares of trouble. Like the other delinquent in our party who was a good for nothing being bait(thank goddess he recently quit), and the pesky Succubi who keep trying to seduce my man! I have to put up a barrier around the entire inn every night to protect his purity, which makes all the male occupants really angry with me for some reason.