Chapter 13: Soft Banned

'Hm... That's weird. I could have sworn there were harder quest on the board.'

Naruto thought as his eyes darted across the quest board for a challenging looking quest. He also noticed a lack of easy quests on the board as well.

Not that he was in dire need of money, as the payment from the cabbage hunt had been passed out earlier that day. Naruto had earned about five-hundred thousand Eris with the cabbages he had managed to stash away before Megumin's Explosion magic hit.

'I haven't seen Aqua yet today, but it didn't look like she caught much...'

Naruto thought before going back to his search.

"Slay a One-Shot Bear. Nah, too easy. Investigate dirty lake. Can't do that since it requires a priest... Dang, what happened to that one hard sounding quest?"

Turning on his heal, Naruto walked towards the reception desks.

Luna, who was cleaning desks, noticed the ninja walking towards her and smiled.

"Good afternoon, Naruto-San. How can I help you?"

"Where's that one really hard quest? You know, the one with the two monsters fighting and causing trouble? I could have sworn there was a hard quest like that on the board the other day, and now I can't find it so there's nothing good."

Naruto said while pointing at the quest board.

"U-um... That quest is actually for large parties only, and since no one was taking it I took it down for the time being."

Luna said while adverting her gaze awkwardly.

Naruto narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Something didn't feel right about this.

"That's okay, cause I'm a one-man army. Since no one else is accepting that quest, and I'm bored, let me take it-Dattebayo!"

"W-well... This is a very difficult quest for someone to take on alone. If Naruto-San formed a party, it would be a different story but..."

"What are you saying? I can easily complete this quest by myself! Come on, let me accept the quest-Dattebayo!"

"No! If something were to happen to Naruto-San because I let you take on another difficult quest by yourself, it would be on my conscious for the rest of my life!"

Luna yelled, before she flustered on her face when she realized she unintentionally raised her voice.

"Aw, are you worried about me Luna-Chan? You don't have to worry though ya know, I can take care of myself! So let me go on that hard quest-Dattebayo!"

Naruto said with a cheeky grin on his face, he wouldn't fall for that trick again.

"No."

Luna flatly said, causing the shinobi to fall on his face. Was she talking about him, or the quest?

"T-that's cruel... But why!? There's nothing else on the board that looks like a challenge! Fighting two giant monsters sounds fun!"

Naruto shouted after getting back up, stomping his foot to emphasize his frustration.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let a rookie adventurer, capable as they may seem to be, to go on a difficult quest such as this all by themselves. If you want to take on this quest, then please form a party."

Luna apologized in a professional manner.

"Come on..."

Naruto said and slumped onto the desk dejectedly.