Chapter 20: The Mage With a Passion to Write

"-And so, with the creepy snake guy and his henchman defeated, Ero-Senin and I brought the old lady back to the village to be the next Hokage."

Naruto said with a proud grin on his face. He and Arue were sitting at a table inside the café she had suggested. The mage had just ordered her food when she asked Naruto to tell her a story about his past, so he decided to tell her about the time he met Tsunade and learned the Rasengan.

"I see... To have mastered such an impressive technique at such a young age is quite impressive. Ah, thank you."

Arue thanked the waitress who placed her food on the table, then began to write something in her notebook while munching on a sandwich at the same time. In a nutshell, the hero travels with a wise old man to search for a legendary person. But they run into the main villain and get into a fight, then hero uses a technique that should have been impossible for him to use. The story was impressive, but it felt like was still missing something... She just couldn't quite put her finger on it-

'Ah...'

"Yeah yeah! Ero-Senin said it took my dad four years to create the Rasengan, and I learned it in a week! The old lady was surprised that she lost the bet! Ah, but I don't have the necklace I won anymore because it got destroyed but... Wait, why do you sound like you know what the Rasengan is?"

Naruto continued to boast about his past achievements when he noticed the girl seemed to be staring off into space.

"Hey, Arue? Hello~?"

Arue blinked when Naruto waved a hand in front of her face.

"Ah, sorry. I just got an idea-I mean... I need to go to the restroom. Please excuse me."

"?"

Naruto tilted his head in confusion as Arue suddenly stood up and walked out of the café. The café had a restroom in the back, so why did she go out the front? She left her food, so he didn't think she was ditching him, but her behavior seemed a little odd...

From what he got to know of this mage so far, aside from being a weirdo who wanted to become Jiraiya's disciple in writing, was that she was a calm and collected individual. She had been listening to his story in it's entirety, and even asked a couple questions for extra details. It was nice having someone listen to him so intently.

Wiz asked about his past once, but he didn't go into much detail because he had gotten homesick and changed the subject. But telling Arue his story was kind of relaxing.

'You're too easy...'

'S-shut up!'

After a couple minutes of waiting, Naruto heard the café door open and he turned to see Arue walk in with another person in tow. If Naruto wasn't mistaken, that person was...

"Hey, you're that weird girl from the tailor shop! What are you doing here?"

Yunyun, the young girl that he had met at the tailor shop earlier that day, was standing nervously behind Arue.

"Weird!? U-um... You see..."

Yunyun gripped her cloak and looked down at the floor nervously.

"I happened to get lost on my way back from the restroom and bumped into Yunyun who was very hungry. If you don't mind, she will be joining us."

Arue blatantly lied with a stoic face, causing Yunyun to sweatdrop. The truth was she caught Yunyun peeking into the café a lonely expression, while staring at a certain outsider.

Being a Crimson Magic Clansman who was born with an abnormally high intelligence stat, Arue was able to quickly piece together what was going on. She remembered Yunyun saying that she was going to Axel again to search for adventuring companions, since the first time didn't go so well. But knowing that socially awkward girl, Arue guessed that Yunyun didn't have much of a chance in that plan.