Chapter 40: A Challenge Issued between 'Players'

"W-what should I do..."

"Hmm...This is getting pretty bad."

Inside a certain shop that was known for its faulty magic items, Naruto and Wiz stared at a paper full of red numbers.

Naruto looked at his teary-eyed friend and sweatdropped. Wiz had a good heart, but her business sense was even worse than his. Just the other day, the shopkeeper had been tricked into buying a batch of slimes thinking they were medical slimes.

Medical slimes were rare slimes that had dissolved a certain amount of medical herbs that it changed their properties. Just one drop was enough to heal a scrape, and a whole bottle could potentially save a life.

Had Naruto been there, he would have-

'No... Even if I was there, I don't know if I would have been able to tell the difference between a normal slime and a medical slime. It says they're both green in the monster book Luna-Chan gave me.'

Naruto thought before sighing in defeat. There was nothing they could do about it now, so it was better to suck it up and move on.

"Alright! Time to come up with some ideas!"

"Eh? Ah, that's right! I promise to take responsibility for my actions!"

Wiz said sharply, her expression turning serious.

"Then, let's think of something the adventurers in this town could use on their adventures..."

Naruto said and rubbed his chin in thought when he felt a tap on his shoulder, and he turned to see Yunyun looking at them shyly. He was so busy talking with Wiz about the red digits that he almost forgot that the younger girl was there...

"Um... I-I don't know if it's okay for me to make any suggestions, but..."

Yunyun mumbled while poking her fingers together.

"If you have any ideas, then we'd be happy to hear them Yunyun-San!"

Wiz said with an eager smile, causing Yunyun to beam.

"Y-yes! There's a monster called the Nido Rabbit, and its foot is said to double one's luck when equipped."

"That sounds really useful... Why doesn't every adventurer have one?"

Naruto asked because having more luck would help adventurers find more treasure, wouldn't it?

"The Nido Rabbit is a rare monster. Even during my times as an adventurer, I've only ever seen a few. But if we were able to get our hands on a Nido Rabbit's foot..."

Wiz explained before trailing off, and Naruto could have sworn he saw dollar signs in her eyes.

"Then it's settled! Yunyun and I will go and capture one of these Nido Rabbits for you Wiz!"

Naruto declared before he started walking towards the door.

"Eh? But Nido Rabbits are very rare and dangerous monsters! Even if you somehow manage to find one, capturing it is a little..."

Wiz said worriedly, but the shinobi waved her off.

"We'll be fine! I'm confident we'll be able to find one, and Yunyun can use Sleep spell! We'll be back before the sun goes down! Come on, Yunyun. Let's go find those other two."

"O-okay!"

With that said, Naruto and Yunyun left the magic shop to gather their other party members.

Wiz was still a little worried, but somehow, she felt like Naruto would succeed in his quest.

After all, he was wearing that magic item.
————————————————————