Chapter 51: A Surprising Find in this Alleyway

Naruto sat inside of Wiz's shop with his chin rested on one hand while the other impatiently tapped on the table.

It's been a little more than a day since the trial's surprising end.

Darkness had revealed that she was of the noble Dustiness family to everyone, and because of her family's influence, she managed to keep Naruto and Kazuma from being executed.

But what was bothering Naruto right now was the fact that Darkness now owed Alderp a favor.

Naruto didn't like that Alderp guy, what with the transparent bit of foul play that he was causing in the trial. Additionally, the man was also staring at Darkness with a lecherous gaze ever since the trial had ended, which only made the shinobi more nervous.

It didn't help that he had visited Kazuma's mansion in the morning, only to find that Darkness had already returned home.

"I'm glad that the trial turned out well. I was scared that they were going to do something bad to you, Naruto-San."

Wiz chimed with a rather stiff smile as she pulled Naruto out of his thoughts. Her eyes were glued on the blonde, or more specifically the two girls that were currently attached to his torso.

"B-by the way... Do your Succubus friends have to be so close to you? They're not trying to drain your life force, are they? Because your lifeforce is rather addicting..."

She asked with a hint of jealousy in her features. The boy's lifeforce was pure and potent, which made it very addictive. The only reason that Wiz was able to control her urge to drain his energy was because of the equally addicting ramen that Naruto made.

"Ah, no... The truth is, I'm in a contract with these two. *sigh* Close contact with the contracted is apparently necessary, and if they're not close to me for an extended period of time, something bad will happen to them because it would be a violation of the contract or something."

Naruto sighing responded awkwardly while looking at both Maria and Morrigan, who were nuzzling themselves into his chest. Something that was kind of embarrassing, since he was wearing casual clothing right now, so he could feel their warmth through his thin white shirt.

He felt it would be okay to share this information with Wiz since she technically was undead and would likely understand his situation.

Good thing the shop was currently closed, as it would be quite awkward if someone were to walk in on this. It was strange, however, that Yunyun wasn't here. After he had introduced the two, the mage would usually come here in the morning to chat with Wiz, but that didn't seem to be the case today.

"Yes, we must have frequent moments of skinship with our master or we will wither away."

"Indeed, for it is part of our contract."

Maria and Morrigan purred as they continued to snuggle into the flustered teen.

"Eh? But wouldn't simply touching Naruto-San's hand be enough for such a thing?"

Wiz asked while tilting her head innocently.

Upon hearing this, Naruto blinked and looked to the Succubi for confirmation, only to see them avert their gazes.

—Maria and Morrigan now sat in front of Naruto seiza-style.

"Hehh... So can you Explain to me?"

Naruto asked with a twitchy smile as he stood over the two girls with his arms crossed.

"W-we only wanted to make it up to Naruto-Sama since we weren't of any use during the questioning or the trial!"

"T-that's right! There was a powerful barrier around the police station for some reason, and we couldn't get close!"