Epilogue

ONE YEAR LATER

(Lea's P.O.V)

"Done. Fuck we're done!"

"Hallelujah!"

And then the two half brothers fell forward onto my feet.

No, literally.

I laughed and squatted down, patting both their heads. "Come on and get up, Drama Queens. We have an appointment."

Ocean blue eyes hidden under sandy brown bangs stared up at me and damn did he look sexy. 

I rose an impatient brow as I stood back up and folded my arms. "Well?"

Sam rolled onto his back, grinning up at me. "Nah, I like the view from he--"

I kicked his shoulder.

"Sorry."

I smiled in satisfaction. Luke chuckled and stood up, dusting himself off. "You guys are kids."

Sam and I pouted.

'You both are so totally meant for each other.' Nikita facepalmed.

He shook his head and then sighed heavily, staring at the big room filled with animals - mostly dogs.

"I can't believe this. I'm done."

Sam agreed, "I mean, yeah, I love dogs but when the only thing you do for a year is pick their shit up and bathe them then you realize things ain't as pretty."

I chuckled. "Well, at least it got you out of juvie, nah?"

They both shuddered. "Still wondering why I didn't pick juvie."

I rolled my eyes at their antics as they spoke at the same time. They grinned at each other and fist bumped. 

I smiled to myself knowing Luke and Sam had worked on their relationship gradually and at this point they were as good as blood brothers. And they'd always have each other's backs. I knew that.

"You done too?" Sam slipped an arm around my waist which I promptly slipped out of and he glared at me. I bit back a smile.

"Yeah. My quota of missions for you two staying out of juvie is now over!" I sighed. "Man that was a tough time, Rose totally squeezed me out for every high class mission I could possibly do."

Then I gave the two boys a nasty glare. "All because of you two."

Luke ruffled my hair. "Thanks, we owe you. But come on, we're your favorite boys." He playfully smiled and I scoffed, not denying either. 

We started leaving the Animal shelter where Sam and Luke had been volunteering for the past one year roughly. After I was back at Maple High, three months later I'd been in my senior year. Still was.

Sam slung his arm over my shoulder, resting me closer to his chest and I rolled my eyes in exaggeration again but didn't swat him off this time. I could see him pumping his fist in the air cuz I didn't stop him.

I snorted.

Luke pulled on my hair. "Is everyone there already?"

I nodded as we opened the respective car doors. "Yep, Oh and I also invited Chris and Lisa."

"Noice."

Thankfully Chris didn't hate Luke anymore and they got along well.

Sam started his car and Luke was in the passenger seat. I poked my head between the seats and got into a comfy position for the next half hour.