Ch: 24 A Lot (Part 2)

(Sam's P.O.V)

I sighed with every scene that played on the phone as it played, facing the ceiling of my room with the phone in my hand and one hand under my head.

The video I'd made of Lea at the party.

I pretty much forgot about blackmailing her with it. And I regret it. Too bad.

I'd woken up at six today. I really couldn't get much sleep these days. And I kinda know why.

Why did she have to leave?

I......missed her.

Things had changed dramatically when she left. And it hadn't even been a complete week. And it had started to make me insane.

I sighed again and raked a hand through my hair. It's quite funny how many stages our relationship has gone through.

One day we're best friends, the other we hate each other and the third? The third even we don't know yet.

With these thoughts, I turned on my side and my eyes landed on the my table clock which showed that the time was 7:18 am.

I reluctantly got out of bed and went to my bathroom to carry out my routine.

I don't ever feel like going to school anymore. I wasn't fine with us hating each other but I now realise that it was better than not being able to even see her. No matter what feelings we shared.

She was a very important part of my life and now that she's gone....I guess I'm realising that now.

As I walked back into my room and dried my wet hair with a towel, my eyes landed on two photograph frames I kept on my table always. My eyes softened at the sight.

One picture was of me and Lea when we were young and playing. I was pushing her on the swing and we were laughing and grinning. Even this picture brings a smile to my face. Don't even talk about how good and ecstatic I felt when I can see her in person. I remember every second spent with her as clear as crystals but the day I lost one of the most important and close people in my life, my mother.....she wasn't there. And it broke me because if she would've been, then everything would have definitely been a bit better at least.

But no.

That's not what happened. I sighed at the mere memory before letting my eyes trail off to the other picture.

In this one I had everyone I loved.

I was grinning while Lea was besides me with a smile in the garden of my house. My mom was behind me with her hand on my shoulders, my dad beside her with a smile and a hand on her waist. Hannah was 8 then and stood between a grinning Lea and me.

It was taken a year before my mom passed away. It was honestly the best year of my life and I cherished it. It brought back countless memories.

I focused on my dad's picture as my vision became blurry for a moment. He........had been distant yet close to me. When I was younger......he used to spend a lotta time with me, playing and doing stuff. But it gradually became less. After mom was gone, we were all each other had. I had started depending on him a lot too. We'd slowly started to mend our relationship as well and then..........

He left me too. Just like everyone else. I've seen too many deaths of loved ones at such a tender and young age that I have a good chance of going psycho. Maybe I'd done a lot of sins that I'm paying for.

The very next day after Lea left, the news of my dad having been shot reached me. And it was awful.

I didn't even get to see his body! I had NO ONE by my side at the funeral. At least no one who I wanted should've been. And the feeling of emptiness has started to get to me.