Ch:18 Remembering

(Sam's P.O.V)

My eyes flicked open and I was confused as to where we were. Then the memories came back and I looked to see the dark outside. It was night. A full moon night. The TV played on without any attention. I looked towards the clock on the mantelpiece and saw the time to be 2:28 AM.

I looked to my side to see Lea's head on my shoulder and Hannah's head on my lap. A ghost of smile played itself on my lips. It was a warm feeling. One I really liked.

I took in a deep breath and reached for the remote. Switching the TV off while it played Doctor Strange, I sighed lightly. The lack of light didn't affect me much since the moonlight poured in from the big Windows. The room was engulfed in a sudden silence.

I moved Hanna's head from my lap slowly and rested it on the arm of the couch. Then I slowly and tentatively moved Leas's head from my shoulders and kept it on the place that I was previously seated. Since I stood up obviously.

Unlike a cliche story where the guy would cherish the moment and wrap an arm around the girl and they'd wake up in the same bed the next morning, I chose to do the other.

I left them both after draping a blanket Oct the sleeping forms. I'd have to wake Lea up tomorrow morning since we had school. It was Friday but then we'd have the weekend to ourselves. What also intrigued me was that Lea had also got her school bag with her. Probably containing some toiletries and a change of clothes. I mean, she kinda did know that she'd be having some sort of sleepover. The chances were also very high so she must've prepared in advance. Well, good for her.

'Yeah. You had dropped a hint at the store too.'

I nodded mentally at brain.

Hannah looked peaceful and it made me smile. But Lea.....she looked......conflicted and guilty. Even in her sleep. Again something that is real and not cliche where the guy falls head over heels for the girl after seeing her sleeping so peacefully and yada yada yada.

I could kiss her. But I didn't. Even if I did......she'd be unaware of it. And I don't want a kiss with a girl who won't remember it or respond to or do it willingly.

My eyes softened at the memories flashing through my mind about our childhood. When we used to sleep quite a bit like this at mine or her house after having fun all day and tiring ourselves to the limits.

'Why did you shut her out, Sam?' Don't you regret it?'

'I do. But don't you remember that it was solely and completely her fault?!'

'Deny as much as you want. But we both know that you also played a major role in what happened. Don't blame it all in her!'

I shook my head to get rid of the heartbreaking memories and swiftly walked out the room. A click of a door made my ears perk up and my eyes to narrow. I soundlessly moved down the stairs already having an idea to who the intruder could be.

"Why are you here?" I asked sourly, my voice raspy.

A chuckle resounded the empty silent halls.

"Does it matter?"

"You know very well how much it does."

I saw him smirk the slightest. Even after the dark I could make out his figure and his posture as he leaned on the kitchen door.

"One day! I asked just this ONE day for you to not come here!" I felt the anger build up inside of me.

He snickered. "The day is pretty much over anyways. Actually.....it is! "