Ch:31 Sneaky

(Lea's P.O.V)

I felt tingles travel down my spine as his breath hit my neck.

"What's wrong with you?" I hissed numbly.

"Nothing. I'm too perfect." His words felt a mix of ice and heat and I felt his presence recline into his own seat.

I exhaled my breath which I didn't even know I was holding.

The geography class continued without interruptions for the rest of the population but me. Luke occasionally kept doing things like those to get on my nerves and made my heartbeat speed up.

The process would've remained uninterrupted if not for the sudden call.
The classroom door opened as a blonde woman walked in and called out:

"Luke Collins? Kindly come with me."

The teacher and woman exchanged a few words as murmurs erupted among everyone in the class regarding this sudden act but all Luke did was calmly stand up and go up to the teachers.

The blonde woman stopped talking to the teacher and they turned to look at him. Well, everyone did.

"May we go, Miss Leros?" He asked politely and she nodded immediately.

"Yes, yes."

And off they went!

.........Wow, that sounds like a line from one of Enid Blyton's kids books where the kids go off on an adventure.............

But I bet it is nothing like that.

I followed their figure and stared into empty space after they were gone. Our teacher brought the attention of the class back towards her (although no one ACTUALLY listened).

I won't lie. The teacher was boring. No doubt she is very knowledgeable about her subject but like most people, is unable to convey it.

The bell marking the end of the period came to the rescue of not only me but at least a 100 thousand kids. I didn't immediately get up and in the crowd to leave because I figured that leaving later and unnoticed involves much less physical contact and injuries since the dust has already settled.
As usual I did that today as well only with a slight additional interruption from the teacher.

I locked the stall door in the girls washroom with a heart beating at the speed of 100 miles per hour and sat down with the bag. Shuffling through it, I came across the hard, thin, long and cold thing I was looking for. I thanked my stars silently for having mercy on my for once.
A phone.

I hurriedly took out Luke's phone from his bag and switched it on as a new hopeful feeling arose within me.

Now let's go back 15 minutes and see what had happened actually.

The teacher (I didn't bother to remember her name) had stopped me and told me to also take Luke's bag and drop it off at the reception since he hadn't returned and she didn't want to run the risk of the bag being stolen or any of its contents by other students. Since I was one of the last to leave and according to her she trusted me (which is a good thing that I've made a good impression on the teachers and it will prove beneficial for me in the midterms next week).

On my way, a brainwave hit me and to try my luck I went into the washroom, locking myself and the bag for an experimental phase.

There was no guarantee whether I'd find anything useful or not but it was worth a shot. And I didn't know what I'd do if Luke's timing of returning coincided before I could drop the bag off and it'd prove a fatal move for me but I was compelled to do it.