Chapter 3 + 4 + 5

Chapter 3

I stayed over at Hayley's house that day. She lived with her dad. We were sitting on her bed both on our phones, school books around us. "Who are you talking to?" I asked. "I'm talking to Nick, Cynthia and... Sean." I jumped off her bed confused. "Why on earth are you talking to those two? And how did you even get Sean's number?" I scolded. She started laughing and then explained, "Okay so I'm talking to Cynthia because she is having a party and we have to go, and I'm talking to Sean, so I can... get to know him." She mumbled the rest of the sentenced, but all I heard was what... thinks... you. I asked her how she got his number again with my fist already clutched. "OH yeah, that. So, my step brother is in the rugby team and is close friends with him, so I asked if I can have his number and he said yes", saying it with a smile. It was the first time she ever mentioned that she had a step brother. I started thinking of who her step brother could be. The only name that popped in mind who was close with Sean was Lucas. I looked at her in complete astonishment, "Lucas is your step-brother? how come you never told me Lucas was your step brother??" She looked down and her smile wiped away. Her mum past away in a shooting two years ago, and from her change of her expression I knew that she didn't approve of her father remarrying so soon. She told me that the marriage was a surprise for her and Lucas and that they only were introduced to each other couple weeks ago. "She is still moving her stuff here." she said in tears. I went back on her bed, sat next to her and hugged her tightly while she cried.

Chapter 4

Next day I was taking my books out my locker when Hayley ran towards me and slammed my locker shut just as I was about to remove my last book. "What the hell is wrong with you?? You nearly slammed my fingers!!" She kept quiet, avoiding answering my question and changed the topic. "Guess what? I got Cynthia to invite you, me and Nick to her party." I just stared at her with a straight face because I really didn't want to go. "Come on, I struggled getting that thing to invite us. The least you can say is thanks". I opened my locker, took out my last book then went to class. It was Maths and I met up with Nick again. "Nick, I have a real problem, I got in a DDHA (Deep Difficult Hurtful Argument) with Hayley again. I feel bad cause like, Hayley got Cynthia to invite the three of us to her party which I really Do Not care about, but I left Hayley without saying anything and I feel I just upset her entire day and I didn't mean to do that. So, what should I do?" Nick just stood there staring at me like a crazy person, so I punched his arm to wake him up.

"OWW!!" shouting while he is rubbing his arm, "look just apologise, I'm pretty sure she'll understand."

It was break time and I was walking to our table thinking of ways to apologise when Troy was walking the same direction, not noticing me, again. We knocked into each other again only this time, he caught my hand and helped me up, pulling me closer to him with his arm wrapped around my waist. I could feel him breathing on my cheeks. We gazed into each other's eyes while everyone else in the cafeteria went dead silent. He finally let go of me and pulled me up before going to his friends, meanwhile I was picking up my food from the floor when Cynthia came up to me. "Aww look at the poor chimp on the floor, shame." she bent down and look me in the eyes "don't you think of stealing my boyfriend." When she got up, she poured her smoothie on my head and walked away with her sidekicks laughing. When she left, Hayley rushed to help me up and took me to the bathroom.

She gave me her spare clothes since mine were covered in sticky Strawberry Sunshine smoothie. I apologised to Hayley and we talked about what happened in the cafeteria while I was changing. "Becca you can't be serious, you two like had a serious moment", she said joyfully. "Hayley he just caught me, nothing special about that." "He could have let you fall, but he didn't. That says something", she added. I didn't bother replying so I just finished dressing and rinsing the parts on my hair and head that now smelled like smoothie. "You have got to be kidding me? I look like a freaking flower. I'm not leaving this bathroom". Finally after our five minutes argument, I exited the stall wearing her yellow and white polka dot dress and her white pumps. She looked at me jumping up and down then pushed me out the bathroom.