Crushed

Chapter 1 and 2

Chapter 1

Tonight, Troy Gerad is actually taking me, Rebecca Peyton Hunter on a date. I tried on 14 dresses from long to short, lacy or silk, shiny or plain and sleeves or sleeveless. My final decision was... a short red velvet coloured skirt and a black sleeveless top with a black jacket and ruby red stilettos. I spent the next half an hour styling and straighten my hair, and the next forty-five minutes choosing which jewellery to wear, putting on nail polish, my lipstick and my eye liner. I went downstairs to have a quick snack then back to my room before I left. As I was taking my second bite of my banana, I hear my mum calling me, "honey Troy is here for your date". I looked at the watch and it was already 17:30. I threw the banana in the bin and rushed to the nearest mirror to fix my make-up. When I was walking down the stairs, I heard my dad questioning him, "So you're Troy Gerad. (Troy was the hottest boy at our school and also the most popular. he had deep blue eyes, with dirty blond hair and had dated an normal amount of girls.) Tell me, what makes you so special from every other guy that you think you have my permission to date my daughter?" he froze, afraid of what he can say. "Oh, now Jason, leave the poor boy alone. Hello, my name is Rose Hunter. Oh, my Rebecca always talks about you even when she's a sleep. She mumbles your name." mum added. Troy looked so scared and confused. I turned around and started thinking, should I go down before my parent embarrass me even more or should I cancel. Quickly, I turned back around and before my parents could say another word, I rushed downstairs kissed my parent's goodbye on the cheek and dragged Troy out of our porch into his car (his Maserati car). "You better bring her home at nine" dad shouted as we drove off.

The car was silent, we stared at each other when the other wasn't looking, but that was it. When I finally got the courage to speak, I stared him in the eye and said hey. ("hey, really? That's all I can think of?). "Are you okay?" he asked, looking concerned. I turned to him again, gazing into his deep blue eye, when he asked me that question again. "Hmm, oh yeah I'm okay, I'm sorry, something just popped in mind. Hey and I'm sorry about my parents, they tend to be awkward" he smiled and said it was okay.

We reached our destination at 18:45 to a small, beautiful park with the picnic already laid out. He opened the car door for me, guided me to the picnic, sat down and ate. Once we finished, we laid down and started stargazing. He sat up and stared at me, "Rebecca I know I've been a jerk to you, but I really am in love with you". I sat up, as we smiled at each other, I was leaning in for a kiss until my seven-year-old sister woke me up as she started screaming up the stairs singing and merging random songs together. I got up and out my bed, smiled and hugged her. straight after I got her out my room and flopped into bed again. Once I had closed my eyes, I heard my mum yelling "Becca, you're going to be late for school", and that was the end, of my dream, for the third time and counting.

Chapter 2

I got out of bed and checked the time on my alarm clock next to my nightstand. "Okay so the school bus comes at 7:30, which means I have twelve minutes left until the bus comes". I walked towards my ting closet and opened, when a pile of clothes fell out. Looking down at the pile on the floor to the ceiling taking a deep breath, I pushed the clothes to the side and decided to wear my black skinny jeans, denim blue top with a black tie, black jacket and black converse. I checked the time while I was walking downstairs and noticed I had six minutes left. I turned around, ran upstairs and shoved my books in my bag. As I ran down the stairs, I skipped a step and rolled all the way down with my bag landing on top of me. Luckily, half of the books I needed were in my locker, so my bag wasn't very heavy. I got up slowly and rushed to the kitchen. My mum held out her hand giving me my sandwich. I took the sandwich, drank my dad's juice, took his bread and kissed my sister Anna on the forehead and ran to the bus which was already outside. "Nearly missed the bus again" Kate said with a witty tone as I was catching a breather. "nice to see you too Kate" I replied. I rolled my eyes after then went to find my friends. I kept shifting my head from left to right until I hear someone shout my name. I walked up to my friends Hayley and Nick stood up, stretching his arm to tell me that i must sit in the middle. Glaring, I softly punched his shoulder and sat down with him following. We talked about our weekend the entire ride to school which was more or less ten minutes away. Kae stopped the bus and politely kicked us and a couple other students in my school out the bus then drove off.

As we started walking in the corridor, Hayley began speaking- or preaching. "Guys to think this is our final year before we become seniors in high school, like everything has just moved so fast. From all the heartbreaks... well all Nick and my heartbreaks." She said then whispered with a cough, "ehm Rebecca, oh sorry, must be something I ate." She said glancing at me as I gave her a glare before she continued. "to the sleepovers and all the fails we got in exams to meeting Nick and nearly getting arrested and now... nothing" Hayley started to frown. Nick and I past looks before I put my arm around her shoulder and she lit up again. "don't worry, we'll make this year even better than the previous ones". The bell rang, and Hayley waved goodbye and went to her Portuguese class, meanwhile Nick and I were heading to history. When I entered the room Troy ) bumped into me and pushed me onto the floor. Nick helped me up then was walking up to Troy when I grabbed his arm, pulling him back shaking my head no. We entered the class and went to our seats by the time Mr Nickels came in class. I always fell asleep or drew in history, so Mr Nickels always likes to pick on me to answer questions, which I don't mind cause most of the time I get the answers right. From history to chemistry, to math to break.

We always sat at the same spot in the cafeteria, mostly because there was nowhere else to sit unless near the dustbins, and that spot was even taken. It was quiet on our table, until Nick broke the silence. "So, who do you plan on taking for prom? I was thinking we go together", I gawked at him, 'Nick February just started. Prom is still how many months away". "It's never too early to start planning" he replied. "I think it is" Hayley added and the rest of break we just argued about prom.

My next four lessons I had were with Hayley, so we got up and strolled off to English. "I mean like I sort of understand why you have a crush on Troy, but what I don't understand is why you won't ask him out?" I rolled my eyes at Hayley as for it was the fifth time she asked that question. "I'm not going to ask him out because we know him, and we both know he will say. he will say no and then tell everyone that I asked him out" Hayley added, "you need to think of a better excuse cause that one is old". I glanced at her then carried on walking.

2:30pm, School Is Over!!!! Hayley and I went to the stop sign waiting for Nick to come so we could walk home together. I was on my phone while Hayley was bugging me about all the hot guys that passed by us. "REBECCA!!!" I looked up facing her. "I'm trying to help you. Now what about Sean?" Sean Lowa. (I've known him since the first day of school. He is a red head with dark green eyes. From having braces, wearing glasses and being nerdy to be rated the second hottest guy in high school). I had a small crush on Sean last year before he started dating that witch Cynthia. "He's okay" I replied. Hayley gasped at me in despair when Nick came, and we walked home.