Chapter 6 and 7

Chapter 6

I started to blink my eyes slowly, it took me a while to open my eyes completely. Once I finally got them to open, I looked down and saw Anna sleeping next to me. I looked up and saw my parents outside looking worried and frightened while talking to the doctor. I shifted my head to the left and distinguished a needle injected into my arm and watched as the drips were passing through and saw all my bruises and scars. I tried sitting up, hoping that I wouldn't wake up Anna, but as I was getting up, her head slid. She opened one of her eyes while she was rubbing the other. Once she could see properly, she leaped onto me, hugging me tightly. My parent faced me when they heard Anna jumping up and closer and rushed to give me a hug. After hearing Anna's cry of joy, my parents rushed back into the room. My mum kept checking my face, pushing my hair back for any scare while my dad kissed my forehead and Anna held onto me. The doctor entered the room with a policewoman and asked, "sorry to interrupt, but is it okay if I have a few minutes with Miss Hunter alone?" my parents nodded and took Anna with them. She was wiping her tears as she waved goodbye. The doctor stood next to me by the bed checking my pulse while the policewoman started questioning me. "Miss Hunter, you have been in a comma for 36 hours now. It's the 2nd of March. What happened the night of the accident?" I began having flashbacks of what happened that night. "Um, I was walking home and..." I started getting dizzy, "a car, a black Sudan came out of nowhere and- hit me." My head was starting to ache. "The driver... the driver got out his car and looked at me as I called for help, at least I think I did. And, and he quickly drove away." After started to very slowly and black out again. "Miss Hunter, Miss Hunter?" She started gently shaking my arm. I could hear her and my parents coming in and trying to help me. I woke up few hours later and saw my sister crying and my parents in the background. I pulled her closer to hug her. "Your daughter is currently suffering from a bad concussion. She needs to stay a few more days", the doctors said to my parents. They all kissed me goodbye and walked away.

Two days later I checked out th4e hospital but the doctor told me that I should skip school for a week so that meant no Troy, no Cynthia, no history, no Hayley and Nick and no homework or sports. It was Monday evening after supper and I was playing dolls with my sister when my phone rang. I checked it while I was brushing Ally's (the doll) hair and it was Hayley calling - for the 8th time. I hung up and carried on brushing her hair. For the past few days after the accident, I had gotten 14 missed calls and 50 messages from Hayley and 25 messages from Nick. "So, what are you going to do for your 7th birthday on Friday?" she looked up at me, then at the doll. "I don't know. I want to be a ninja, and I want to have nun chucks." I smiled at her busy think 'good luck dad'. That night, I went to sleep early. Around 3 a.m. my phone started vibrating and my ringtone got louder and louder. Moaning, I grabbed my phone, removed it from the charger and answered softly. "Hello?" "Rebecca its Nick. You can't ignore me without telling me what I did wrong." I checked the time, it was 3:10am. "What's wrong is that I should be sleeping, like you!" told him. I kept quiet after that for a while with him constantly calling my name telling me to speak, then hung up and went back to sleep.

Wednesday morning. I went outside to fetch the mail in my Bratz nighty and gown. My hand was on the handle of the door, when I heard a motorbike behind me. I turned around and saw Nick getting off his bike and walking towards me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me around to my backyard. He turned me around, pushed me onto the wall and put his hands next to my shoulders. We looked into each other's eyes back and forth, back and forth. "Soo, is this your plan? Forcing me into you having a chance to talk to me? Cause if it is, can I at least change because I'm getting cold." He lowered his arms down and gave me some room to pass. "Thank you." I walked to the front of the house and went to my room. I went outside wearing my black top, white skirt and black knee-high boots. When I closed the door behind me, Nick was sitting on his bike, and that meant he wanted to take me out, so we could talk. I moaned, knowing that I couldn't back out. He got on his bike and I sat behind him and held him tight as we drove off.

Chapter 7

He took me to an old café. It was a little dusty. There were 2 other creepy men staring at me. I looked up and there was a fan above us that sounded like it was about to fall. "Where did you find this place?" "I'll tell you when you tell me why you're ignoring me?" He commented. I ignored him and started playing with my coffee while he stared at me waiting for me to say something. "You can't ignore me without telling me why. Rebecca? REBECCA!!" he got up, banged the table and spilled my coffee. I got up and banged the table in frustration, "WHAT!!" We stared into each other's eyes so close that it became awkward. "Tell me why you are ignoring me" he said. I took deep breaths. We sat down, and I tried to explain it calmly, but it didn't work out well. "You want to know why I'm ignoring you. Fine, I'm ignoring you because I had to find out that Cynthia was your step-sister while you were drunk. That's why I'm ignoring you, because out of all the times she bullied me within these two and a half years that you've known me, you just stood there doing nothing." I looked at him in the eye hoping he would tell me something, but nothing. I got up from my seat and was at the door when I stopped, "And I thought we were supposed to be BFF's, but clearly I was wrong", and I left the café. Few seconds later I opened the door again and reminded him that he was my ride home. He left money on the table then came out the café and drove me home,

I slammed the door when I got home and was walking upstairs when my dad called me. I groaned and commenced to him. "What happened between you and Nick?" I rolled my eyes knowing that this conversation was going to take forever, "nothing dad, he just wanted to talk." "In my days, wanting to talk to a girl didn't mean you grabbing her by the wrist and taking her around the house," "well this is the 21 century dad, so not everything will be the same" I added. "And what about the bike ride huh?" I took a deep breath before I spoke again. "That's how two people ride a bike together and when the person behind doesn't want to fall off." we both crossed our arms and gave each other death stares. "I don't want you to be friends with Nick anymore", and that's when I lost my temper and started shouting at him. "You don't want me to be friends with any guy. You don't want me to have a normal life. You are busy imprisoning me already not allowing me to invite my guy friends' home unless you, mum of Anna is home with us because you think one thing will lead to another and I will end up sleeping with him. Well do you know what's different, I'm not Aunt Milly." (Aunt Maria is my dad's sister who got pregnant when she was 16 and had given her baby up for abortion). I stormed out walking upstairs when I told my dad, "and FYI, Nick and I aren't friends anymore, so I hope your happy", and I marched off.