Chapter 25

Couple of hours pass and suddenly, it's time for school. Jason dropped me off at school and I headed to my locker. When I took all my necessary books out, I closed my locker and saw Melody and Derek coming my way. Ignoring them, I walked straight ahead and almost past them, then unexpectedly, Derek grabbed my arm and pulled me back to look at them. Melody greeted me with a soft smile, but I gave her a glowering expression. "Rebecca you can't still be mad that we scared you?" Derek commented. In anger, I punched Derek across the face and carried on walking to chemistry. An hour passes and I headed to English when I was at the front door. Most people were already in class, including Hayley. Quickly, I searched the room for a free seat as Hayley was walking up to me. at the same time as she came up to me, I began to walk to the chair next to nerdy Fred. Once I was seated, Hayley walked up to me laughing and asked how I was. I glared at her then took my books out my bag. She was about to speak when Mrs Smooth walked in. I avoided making eye contact with Hayley and ignored her throughout the lesson.

At the end of the lesson, I packed my bags and went out the door. As I was heading to my next lesson, Hayley ran up to me and asked why I never sat next to her. I stopped, glared at her again and carried on walking. When she called me, I turned around, walked up closer to her and asked whose plan it was. The moment she told me it was her, I pushed her back and walked to my next lesson. By end of the P.E. as I was changing, I started thinking on where I would sit for break. Once I finished and exited the bathroom, I went to the cafeteria to buy food. When I payed and turned around, I saw all five of them staring at me. Straight-faced, I looked away, exited the cafeteria and sat down on the stairs in the passageway. Simultaneously as I took my first bite, they all came out and stood in front of me. I glimpsed at all of them before taking another bite. "Rebecca please talk to us" Melody begged. "It was just a prank. We didn't think you'd get that scared, although it was a bit funny" I put the sandwich down, got up and pushed Nick back. I walked closer to him when Hayley and Melody stopped me holding my shoulders. I shook them off me and next thing I knew, Sara was standing in front of me. Staring directly at her, I didn't want to get into a fight so I picked up my bag and sandwich and headed to class. As I strolled to class, finishing my sandwich, I heard Sara's voice calling me. I stopped walking and waited for her to catch up with me. When she was in front of me, she apologised for the prank. "I heard your family went to the hospital after the party. Is everyone okay?" without making contact, I nodded my head and walked to class.

At the end of the school, I went to the parking lot and waited for Jason to come pick me up. I was on my phone, when Nick and Derek popped up beside me on both sides. Lifting my eyes from my phone to shifting them from Nick to Derek, then looked back at my phone. "Do you two mind? I want to be alone" I told them. "Look we came to apologise" Nick replied. I put my phone away and looked them both in the eye. "Even though you punched me across the face." Derek commented. Nick turned his eyes from me to Derek in shock, "wait she did that?" he asked. We both nodded our heads. He looked at Derek's face then at my bruised and slightly bloody hand in disbelief and shock. In silence, we all looked at each other for a few seconds before Nick asked if I forgive them, well him. Rotating my eyes, I looked at them both for a while before taking my earphones out. Irritated, Derek grabbed the earphones from me and Nick grabbed my phone. "Rebecca we are not going to do this again." Derek stated. We glared at each other whilst Nick stared at both of us. I tried to grab my phone while he wasn't focused, unfortunately he took it away when I tried reaching it.

"NICK!"

"REBECCA!" I turned back to Derek in frustration. "No I don't forgive you because I would never do something like that to either of you, and you out of all people should know that Derek, and I don't take back the punch, or the pushes." I stated. Derek and Nick quickly looked at each other then back at me and asked me who else I pushed. Speedily, I grabbed my phone and earphones back from them and turned around and looked at the road waiting for Jason. After, Nick turned me around griping my arm and demanded me to tell them who else I pushed. I felt his grip getting tighter and we looked eyes, "you can't hurt me. You avoid hurting people, so stop trying" I told him. He made his grip tighter, but I could see in his eyes that he was hurting so I told him it was Hayley. He let me go and they repeated what I said simultaneously. I nodded my head and explained how I felt about the prank. When I finished speaking, Jason had arrived, so I got in the car and Jason and I left before I gave them a chance to speak. When we reached a red light, I asked Jason when Rose was getting checked out and he told me tomorrow. After I asked about his promotion, but from his expression, I could tell he was getting irritated so I changed the topic. We picked up Anna before we went home to drop our bags. After that, Jason drove us to the hospital so that we could see Rose and the twins. When we got to the hospital, Jason checked in while Anna and I went to Rose's room. we spent two hours with her before Jason drove us back home.