Chapter 28

Kyle, Jordan, Esmeralda, Mason, Mindy, Joe and I met in front of the Mr Trotty's gym. "so, I heard you broke up with your boyfriend", Kyle spoke. "and I heard you're not capable of keeping a girlfriend" Esmeralda replied with a smirk. The both stood in front of the three of us facing each other without flinching. Jordan and Mindy passed whispered as I watched Esmeralda and Kyle staring contest. I pulled my bag up onto my right shoulder and stood in front of them both, "Guys, it is eight in the morning on a Sunday and I'm not going to spend my morning with you two communicating with your eyes. So, it's either we leave and flop our performance, or we can actually practice." I stated. All nodded their heads and carried on walking to the door. I switched sides from between Mindy and Jordan to the end next to Kyle and walked slower. "would it kill you for once to stay completely focused?" I asked. "not sure, but life is too short to try such" he answered with a wink and grin. When my facial expression didn't change, he slightly elbowed me to catch my attention, "hey, come on Rebecca, look its not like it's always intentional. It's just who I am." He responded. "and yet one of the smartest students in our grade had to be the comedic, pest-ful and rebel player. How do all those qualities fit in one person?" I asked. "well the rebel player does have his moment." He answered again smiling towards me. I rolled my eyes as we caught up with the rest whom were standing in front of the door. "what are you guys waiting for?" I asked, "um Becca..." Mason spoke. I turned to him and followed where his finger was pointing to the board on the door saying, 'Closing Soon'.

All of us passed stares before I entered the gym with the rest following to Mr Trotty's office. I knocked on the door as we all walked in and stood in front of his desk. He greeted us with a warm smile and asked us how we were. We all mumbled our answer. "Mr Trotty why are you closing the gym?" Mindy asked. His smiled vanished as he looked down on his desk then stood up and walked around his table to stand in front of us. "I don't have enough money to keep the business running. besides, another company is buying it. Our lawyers are coming soon to sign the documents." "but what about you? What will you do?" I asked. A small smile aroused as he places his hand on Jordan's shoulder, "don't mind me kids, I'll be fine. I always have a backup job." "how much are you short of? Maybe we can all chip in", Esmeralda commented. Mr Trotty shifted his upper body to pick up the paper and handed it to her. The seven of us moved in to see the amount. Surprised, Esmeralda handed the paper back to Mr Trotty as we dispersed. All of us glanced at the other in silence depressed. "look kiddos, I appreciate your support, but it's the way of the world no need to be glum, we'll see each other again." He as before walking away leaving us in his office. "Mr Trotty wait." I said as I ran to him. "we can have a fundraiser." I continued. He skeptically looked at each of us. All of us begged him he spoke, still doubtful. "come on Mr Trotty, at least let us try." Joe added. He shifted his eyes to each of us before approving. Jubilant we had a group hug and instead of practicing our new routine, we were discussing which day the fundraiser will be and what should happen.

By twelve o'clock, we had agreed and concluded everything about the fundraiser leaving up thirty minutes to start our routine which we should have been halfway. Absent minded, we stopped rehearsing an hour later. We had lunch together before going our separate ways. I arrived home around three after buying ice-cream. Standing on the porch, I was about to open the door when Anna opened the door and on the other side were Sabrina and Cole crying. "where have you been?" she asked me with an attitude. "okay first, lose the toed, and second I was dancing. Now why are Sabrina and Cole crying this time?" I asked as I walked in the house. She pushed me aside and walked to where the crying was coming from with me following. I dropped my bag by the stares and saw Rose rocking Cole while Sabrina cried. I walked to Sabrina's crib, picked her up and rocked her. "why don't you want to hire a babysitter again?" Rose shot me a glare, and that meant to stop asking questions. I sat down next to her as Sabrina and Cole began to fall asleep. "So, a group of friends and I are planning a fundraiser, so Mr Trotty won't sell his gym. So, can you pitch in?" I sincerely asked. she asked which group of friends and I explained in depth the plan and my dance group. By the time I placed Sabrina back in the crib, she agreed. The next few days were extremely busy planning for the fundraiser which is probably why they went by fast. The following weekend, everything was planned, and we were hoping it was a success. I wore a plain orange crop top and black shorts with my blue necklace from Jason.