Chapter 8 and Chapter 9

Chapter 8

It was Thursday. One more day till Anna's birthday and five more days until I start school again. I hadn't talked to my dad since the fight, so we struggled arranging my sister's party. we made Anna run up and down to tell us what the other one said, although it was kind of difficult seeing that Anna is still preparing for the day herself. My mum and sister went to the costume shop to buy her ninja outfit and my dad went around toy stores looking for rubber nun chucks and went to get the cake. I stayed at home putting up the decoration and wrapping her presents from me and my parents. 'Ding Dong', I stopped cutting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pictures, got up from the floor and went to see who it was. I pushed the curtain to the side and looked out the window and saw Nick and Hayley. I closed the curtain at the exact time they looked at the window. "Go away! We have nothing to talk about." "Rebecca please, we need to talk", Hayley pleaded. "I'll tell you anything you want to know" Nick added. I thought about it for a while before I placed my hand on the door handle. I took a deep breath, opened the door and told them to get in.

We all sat down in the sitting room, Nick and Hayley on one couch and me on the opposite one, staring in their eyes. Hayley kept looking around the room so she avoids my death glare. "You did really well with the decoration", Nick said as he pointed up. I laid back on the couch with my hands crossed. Hayley asked me how old Anna was turning. "Seven" I replied. I leaned forward and stared at both of them. "So, do you two know why I'm snubbing the other one? Or should I tell the story?" I suggested. They both look at each other brooding. Simultaneously they both confessed their secret to each other. "I am dating our history teacher." "Cynthia is my step sister." they both stared at each other in shock while I leaned back on the couch again, crossing my arms, smiling and waiting for what they were going to say about each other. "Why didn't you tell me Cynthia is your step sister? How is that witch even a part of your family", Hayley said in anger and shock. "Me? You're mad at me? Ok, first of all we share the same dad. He cheated on my mum with hers and second, you are dating our teacher who's like 13 years older than you, he is basically" Nick said in disbelieve. "Hey, okay don't make me sound like the bad person. I asked him for extra lesson and he said he can help me, then one afternoon, we just kissed., but Rebecca you have to admit, he is hot?" Hayley said turning towards me giving me her help me look. "No don't bring Rebecca no this," he scolded angrily. I mean I can admit, Mr Nickels is hot, like one day he came in a shirt that showed his abs and muscles, but he is not hot enough to start dating. While they were arguing. I got up, went to the kitchen to get some orange juice and sat back on the couch, smiling because they were asking all the questions I was going to ask. Nick stared at Hayley and questioned her one more time, "So when did this start? And why was he at the party?" She looked at his eyes in anger then at me in depression, "it started in January and he lives next to Cynthia, so he went to check what the noise was about and he saw me." Nick and I were in shock. He leaned back from her while I chocked on my drink. Hayley looked up and spiked Nick, "and when did you find out about Cynthia? And how?" He looks at me in despair. "At the end of last year. We were having a New Year family dinner and I saw Cynthia there. After I asked my dad and that's when he told me." I put my glass down onto the coffee table and stared at them. "Now you know why I'm mad at both of you. Now get out! My sister and mum are probably coming back home now, and the party is starting soon. Our DDHA is done." We all got up from the couch and I walked them out to the door. I opened the door and waited for them to get out. We all glared at each other one by one, Hayley gave me her puppy dog face hoping I will give her sympathy. Nick looked at me hoping I'd give him a smile for forgiveness. I stared at both of them with a straight face then turned my head outside telling them to leave. They both walked outside the house, and at the same time looked back at me hoping for a change of expression. After they finally accepted that I wouldn't talk to them, Hayley and Nick passed angry glare and left. Nick got on his bike then Hayley got in her Benz and both of them drove away. I watched them as they were leaving my neighbourhood, both turning different directions. I lost my best and only friends that day.