Chapter 10 and Chapter 11

Chapter 10

I was outside waiting for my parents to pick me since they were nice enough for me to skip sports (mostly because that's what the doctor said), when I saw Nick talking to a group of friends. I ran towards him, calling his name. He waved bye at the people he was with and walked to me. "Why did you pull me back? I was trying to help resolve things. It was my fault they got in a fight in the first place." he lifted my head and saw me depressed. He grabbed my right shoulder and pulled me in for a hug. "I just don't know what's going on", I commented, and he let go. "Few days ago, none of them even saw I existed, and now they were fight for who I should sit with." Nick took my hand and we walked around as he listened to my story. We went to the field and sat down on the stands. "Are they planning to pull a prank on me? Like are they just giving me all this attention so that they can humiliate me in the future or do they actually like me?" I looked at Nick hoping he will say something that can help. "I don't know. It was the first time after all these years to see them fight. He replied "I recommend you avoid and ignore them both. Don't talk to either of them." I pulled him for a long hug and said thank you. It was nice to still have a friend to talk to, even when you push him away. When I let go, he looked in my eyes worried. "So, what did Mr Nickels say to you about what happened?" I turned around, facing the field because I didn't want to see his facial expression because there was one thing that he would do no matter what. He would stick up for his friend, even if it meant getting into fights. "He threatened me", a tear fell down my face. "He said I have no proof, and no one will believe me because I'm just a rebellious teenager like how every other teenager is, and he can also get me arrested or kicked out of school or whatever he wants for making up lies." I looked down as I saw my skirt was getting wet. I wiped away some of my tears and continued talking. "Um, he also said he is going to make my life a living hell." I turned around, facing Nick and cried on his left shoulder.

I got home at 4 o'clock. I went to the kitchen to get an apple, then was walking upstairs to do my homework. On first step my mum was calling me in the sitting room. I stepped down, put my bag next to the staircase and went to her. When I entered the room, I saw my mum and dad sitting on one of the couches together and my sister on another one. "Oookay. So, are we having a family meeting or what?" I said at the same time I sat down. "Anna sweetie, can we please talk to Rebecca alone?" mum asked. Anna and I pasted glare, with mine shifting to our parents then back to her. "Mmmmhh, no." she said with a big smile. Mum and dad glared at each other quickly then dad spoke. "Anna, if you leave, daddy will buy you a new doll and you can have two sweets before lunch, but they have to be very small. Deal?" I looked at her begging she won't accept the bribe. "Deal!" she said proudly. She got up from her seat, took the sweets from our dad, walked past me and whispered I'm sorry. I looked around wondering should I speak first or wait for them. "Soo, am I in trouble?" I asked. "Rebecca you're not in trouble, we just wanted to ask you a few questions." mum replied. I nodded my head still looking at the walls. "Where were you after school? We waited 15 minutes for you to come." dad said quickly straight after mum ended her sentence. "I called home and told Anna to tell you I'm coming home a little later. I was hanging out with Nick." I replied. They looked at each other then called Anna back into the room. she was standing in front of the door when my mum asked her the question, "did Hayley call and that say is coming home a little later when she called?" she looked up trying to remember, "Yes", and she walked off. They both looked at me as I smiled back at them. "You thought I was lying, didn't you?" they ignored my question and carried on. "I thought you said you are no more friends with Nick." my dad asked as he moved forward to look me in the eye. "Well, dad. FYI I was no more friends with him. Today I just needed a friend and he was there, so we became friends again." I sat up and leaned in. "why is there a problem with me being friends with a boy?" my dad looked at mum when she was busy looking at me and my change of expressions, then back at me. "No, I was just wondering because of that time." my dad said. "Oh, you mean that 'time' when I came back home, and you interrogated me and said you didn't want me to be friends with him because you thought I might turn into Aunt Maria, that time?" I looked at my mum as she turned to face dad, "Jason?" I got up from the couch and excused myself to do my homework while they talked about that moment. I got into my room and locked the door. I was taking off my top when I turned around and saw Anna sitting on my bed. I pulled my top down and stood there, "what the ff- what the hell Anna?" She got off the bed, walked up to me and opened her hand. When she opened, she had one of the sweets dads gave her. "I am sorry, I did not mean to let you down", handing over the sweet to me. I lifted her up and carried her onto my bed, making her sit on my laps. I kissed her forehead and gave her back her sweet. "It's okay. you were just doing what I always taught you, but never forget that family comes first." she look up at me and said "I won't." we stayed in that position for a while until she fell asleep 10 minutes later, so I carried her off into her room, laid her onto her bed and kissed her bye.