Chapter 22

The next few days were awkward and difficult since I shared classes with all of them and that we weren't talking to each other. I was still mad at Derek and Melody, but as time passed, I started to wonder why, because it's their lives. In the beginning, I waited for Nick and Hayley to come up to me and say they forgive me, but the next two days when they still haven't come to me, I began to call and text them, unfortunately they ignored me, now I knew how they felt when I did it to them. Out of all the time during school, I think break was the worst because we agreed after our last arguments that we wouldn't move tables, so all of us sat and ate in silence. On the bright side, I still had a few friends that I could talk to, mainly... and only Sara. She was more of the middle communicator between all three of us. To make matters worse, not only did people keep asking me about Derek and Melody, but Melody also joined me in Basketball and coach thought it would be best that we should be partners since I knew her, so practice became more complicated. When Friday came and the school bell rang, I packed up my books and exited the classroom as fast as I could. Before I went home, I went to the gym and practiced my dance routine till 5pm. I arrived home at five thirty and went to take a shower straight after. When I finished showering and changed into my pyjamas, I closed my door and was about to go downstairs, I saw Anna in her room with her back to the door and thought it would be the perfect time to understand why she was giving me the silent treatment, so I walked to her room and closed the door once I was in.

"we are not leaving this room until you tell me why you are giving me the silent treatment." I explained to her. She lifted her head from her dolls to me, then back to her dolls and carried on playing. I walked around her and sat down cross legged in front of her and asked once more. She sighed, put down her dolls and pushed them aside then looked at me. "What aren't I allowed to know?" she asked. I looked at her puzzled. "Few nights ago, I heard you make mum and dad promise that they should not tell me something. What are you hiding?" she spoke. I placed my forehead on my hand, closed my eyes and thought carefully on what to say. Finally, I lifted my head, swung back and forward once then justified to her that I have a twin brother back in Hawaii and that's where I went that weekend and why I didn't tell her. The moment I stopped speaking, the room went silent. She asked me what his name was and after we had a small chat about me not leaving her and what he was like. Fifteen minutes pass when I asked her if we were at good terms again. She nodded her head and came closer to give me a hug. Straight after, we got up and went downstairs for supper. We all sat down at the dining table for the first time in a long time and talked. As soon as I finished eating, I took my plate and went to the kitchen and Rose followed. "When did Hayley buy the car?" Rose asked. I put the plate down and told her last week. "Funny you say that, because I ran into Hayley's dad and we talked about it and he told me Hayley doesn't have a car, nor did you two meet these past few days. So, Rebecca, who dropped you off that day and who were you with?" she interrogated. I asked her if we could talk about it tomorrow since today had really been tiring, but she refused. I pushed my hair before speaking, "I was with Derek and Melody. They live here now. So... yeah" I replied and walked away before she could ask anything else, now with a new problem on my plate.

Saturday morning, I woke up at 7am and went to shower. Twenty minutes late, as I walk to my room, I hear Anna downstairs watching SpongeBob. While I started dressing, the doorbell rang. At first, I ignored it because I thought Rose would answer it, but when it rang again, I remembered that Rose and Jason had to leave early for a relative's wedding, so I shouted asking Anna to open. She shouted back saying she was busy as she increased the volume. Being half dressed and putting my top on, I got out my room and ask Anna once more to open the door. When I heard her groan and pause the TV, I smiled and went back in my room to finish changing. Once I was fully dressed wearing my black tank top and light blue jeggings, I walk downstairs where I hear Anna talking to the person at the door. I rushed to the door when I heard her ask if she knew the person, afraid that they might take her. When I reached the door, I placed my hand on her shoulder and looked down at her then looked up to see who it was. He greeted me with a grin and his hands in his pocket. My smile wiped away and I told Anna to go back to watch TV. It took a while for her to go because she wanted to know what we were going to talk about, but eventually she left. I turned my head back to the door when he spoke, "Can I come in?" "What do you want Derek?" I asked still standing in front of the door. "We need to talk. So, it's either you let me in or we go out. The choice is up to you." He said with a straight face. I rolled my eyes and told him to get in. Once he was in, I closed and locked the door behind him. As he walked passed me to the dining table, he complimented my outfit, but I couldn't tell if he was being modest or joking. Before he sat down, I told him that we would talk in my room. He gave me a look before pushing the chair back in and following me to my room.