Chapter 15

Everyone knows the say 'it's raining cats and dogs' with thunder and lighting. Today (which was Friday afternoon) the family and I were supposed to go to the beach, but the trip got postponed to some other time (which is unknown), so I played with Anna the rest of the day once I had finished my homework. That night (while the parents went out) Anna and I watched Phineas and Ferb, Winnie the Pooh, Bratz and the original Tom and Jerry, with her in her favourite Hannah Montana onesie and rainbow blanket. Meanwhile I was wearing my peach pyjama top, grey pyjama pants and Hi-5 slippers. We were in the sitting room, sharing a big blanket and eating popcorn when the lights went out, the same time as the thunder shattered and the lighting struck. She sprung onto me, knocking the popcorn over and started to shiver. For her sake I had to pretend I wasn't afraid of thunder and lightning to keep her calm when I was really terrified. I turned on the torch on my phone, took her hand and walked upstairs with her to her room, while she was holding her blanket in her other hand. We played with her dolls and I told her stories to calm down from the thunder and lighting, which led to both of us falling asleep in her room.

When it was morning I snuck out of Anna's room and walked to my room rubbing my eye. When I got in my room and closed the door, I yawned and collapsed back onto my bed, blinking my eyes slowly going back to sleep. When I was about to fully go into dreamland, I looked at the time at the clock that was next to my bed and saw, in complete surprise that "I'M LATE." I got up and literary ran into my closet as I picked up and put on my red and black plaid shirt, denim blue shorts, black tights and my brown ankle boots. I slid down the stair and ran out the house when I crashed into Cynthia, both of us landing on the floor with my back faced towards her. I got up slowly rubbing my forehead and turned around and looked at her on the floor. She lifted herself up and was sitting on her butt now, brushing her hands up and down to remove the dust. I stopped rubbing my head and held my hand out to help her up, but nevertheless, she just slapped my hand, pushing it away and got up. I asked her if she was okay as she kept brushing herself, but she just looked at me and walked away. I called her and asked her to wait. On the third time was when she turned around and spoke to me with an unamused expression, "What Rebecca? What does precious Rebecca want to say next? Seeing she has already gotten me to drop and mix up all my homework and notes." I was about to speak and tell her that she fell on sewage water, but after that, I smiled at her, "I'm sorry, clumsy me. Oh, and enjoy your day." I said, waving goodbye with a grin and dashed off.

When I finally made it to the gym, I stopped sprinting and began to run slower, when I saw my friend Mindy. Mindy is very perky and bubbly shy girl with a terrifying temper when she's mad. She's in my Spanish class, dancing club and volleyball. I waved my hands trying to get her attention when I crashed into the window (the gym had long clear windows and the door looked the same) and fell back. I was still trying to process what happened when Mindy helped me up. "You okay" she asked me, holding my shoulder and arm as I was rubbing my head. "Yeah, I'm good" I answered with a smile. She walked beside me, hold my arms so I wouldn't fall and to help me enter the gym. "So why were you running? So far, we are the only two here", she said, looking at me as she let down my arm. I stopped rubbing my head and focusing on the pain and looked at her irritably, "YOU SAID THAT EVERYONE WAS WATING FOR ME TO DO THE ROUTINE!!!" I yelled, the all eyes were on us in the gym. Mindy put her finger on her lips and shushed me quietly, "yeah, about that, they sent me a message like 10 minutes after I talked to you and Joe said he'd meet us in like, as soon as he can, once he is done with... whatever he's doing, Esmerelda is well- off with her boyfriend again and Mason is stuck babysitting Timmy." I placed my hand on my forehead, shaking my head wondering whether or not I should hit her, "what about Kyle and Jordan?" I quizzed. She stared, coughed and pointed to the corner. I turned my head to the corner and saw both Kyle and Jordan flirting with two blondes. I turned my head back to Mindy, expressionless. Took a breath, turned around and walked to them. As I was getting closer to them, they noticed me, but ignored me and carried on. I stopped walking, staring at them with my mouth and eyes wide open and one of my arms on hips hoping to see if they would come, alas they still ignored me. 'Oh okay, they want to play like that' (speaking to myself in head) and I walked up to them and pushed the two blondes aside, "sorry, but these two are taken", I stated with a smile, took each one of their hands and pulled them. They both stood still as I stood next to Mindy with my arms crossed. We all passed stares to each other back and forth. "Well..." I spoke softly. Kyle was about to answer, when I turned my head to the front door and saw Joe coming. "Hey Mindy, can you get them to tell you why they ignored us while I talk to Joe." I spoke. She nodded her head with a smile. I smiled back, place one hand on her shoulder and walked to the front door.