Fresh Start (1)

Moving to Chicago was the first real, independent choice I'd ever made. Growing up in Florida was great, but all I ever knew was my family, childhood friends, old boyfriends. I just knew that wasn't me, I needed a fresh start, I needed something new. My parents were extremely hesitant about my sudden decision but in the end, they also saw it as something good.

So now here I am. It's been a week since I moved and I've spent it all getting everything settled in my apartment. So for once, I decided it was time for me to get out. I put on my matching workout outfit and my sneakers and I decided I would go out and have a jog around my neighborhood. I was really distracted looking around when all of a sudden I heard people screaming in front of me.

"HEY! STOP IT! HE'S TRYING TO TAKE MY GRANDSON! " I heard an elderly woman a few feet away from me and then saw as a guy was trying to snatch her kid.

I felt my adrenaline start pumping as I quickly ran towards the action. "HEY GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I yelled as I ran towards them. I turned to see if anyone else was around and I saw that there was a firehouse right across the road "HELP!" I yelled at a man whom I saw was standing out front.

I jumped in between the kid and the hooded man creating a barrier. The guy released the kid as I shoved him but before I could do anything else I saw as he pulled something from behind him and hit me hard across the head causing me to fall on the ground.

"HEY!" I heard another male voice. This was enough for the hooded guy to jump back into his car and drive away. I still felt the adrenaline pumping so I turned to check on the kid and his grandmother, but as soon as I got up I felt really dizzy and felt myself stumble.

A couple of hands grabbed my arms from behind keeping me from falling. "Hey, are you ok?" A firefighter asked me.

"Yeah, I just...my head," I muttered raising my hand to my head where I felt blood coming from. I then saw a couple more firefighters gathering.

"Ok, I'm Kelly, I'm a firefighter, You need to get that checked out," he instructed me walking me towards the firehouse.

I nodded as I walked with him. "The guy, he tried to take that kid." I started talking as we walked. "We need to call the police.." I continued.

"We have, don't worry about it now." Kelly smiled at me. "Dawson! Shay!" He called out once we were inside. He sat me down on a couch and I saw two women walking towards me.

"Hey sweetie, I'm Gabby, this is Shay, we're paramedics," Gabby spoke.

"I'm y/n, some guy outside he hit my head with some sort of stick. I didn't really get a good look." I explained.

They both began examining the back of my head. "Ok y/n, It doesn't look too bad but it's probably worth a visit to the hospital just to rule out any internal head injuries," Gabby explained.

I scoffed the realized how it looked. "Oh sorry, it's not you. It's just I've barely been in Chicago a week and I already need a trip to the E.R. Can we not do the whole Ambulance please?" I laughed.

"Sure, so you're new around here?" Shay asked.

"Yeah, I moved in a few blocks from here and this was my first outing," I explained.

"Not a very warm welcome then." Gabby laughed.

"Do I need to talk to the police or something?" I asked them.

"Don't worry about that, I'll let them know you're at Chicago Med and they'll find you there," Gabby told me.

"Alright, well I guess I'll take a cab there then.." I told them, getting up but feeling light-headed again. "Woah." I breathed as I fell back down on the couch.

"Uhmmm, that's not a good idea, you shouldn't go alone, give me a second," Shay said before disappearing.

I sat there with Gabby for a few minutes before Shay came back with Kelly. 

"Kelly can drive you to med," Shay told me.

"Oh, ok," I answered awkwardly getting up but this time a little more slowly.

___

A/N 

Hey everyone, welcome to my new story. I hope you will all enjoy it.

I'm gonna try my best to upload 2 parts a day but that also means that I have to write rather fast. That being said I do try to read over my work before uploading it but if you do notice a spelling or grammar mistake do let me know and I'll try to correct it as quickly as possible. 

Please vote and comment on your fav parts so I can include more of those things. And let me know what you think is gonna happen with y/n and Jay. 

P.S. I have a completed Draco x reader story on my profile for whoever is interested. 

-A.L.M