Threat (14)

I drove to Molly's, once I got inside I locked the door behind me. I started out by sweeping and mopping the floor. Once I started setting the chairs down I heard a knock on the door which immediately made my heart rate accelerate.

"We're closed!" I shouted from inside.

"I just need some help with my car!" I heard a man's voice shout from outside.

I grabbed the bat Hermann kept behind the counter as I approached the door. I looked out the window and saw a black car with the hood popped and smoking. I took a deep breath before opening the door. It was the same man from the parking lot. I quickly tried to slam the door but he stopped me with his foot.

"Get the hell away from me!" I screamed at the man.

"I just want to talk y/n." His voice was eerily calm.

I tried harder to shut the door. Finally, he threw himself at the door causing me to fall backward. The bat rolled away from me. I tried to quickly get up to get it but he stepped on the back of my leg stopping me.

"Ah ah ah." He moved his finger from side to side. "No need for that." he laughed. "You need to understand we'll be together sooner or later. I'm the only one who can protect you." It was scary how much emotion was in his voice.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked him terrified.

"Your soulmate." His creepy smile was back.

"Stay the hell away from me!" I screamed again, and in one swift motion, I pulled my leg from under his foot and reached for the bat. I was still on the floor but now I had the bat held in front of me.

He looked angry now as he started walking towards me. "Here, I got you a gift." His terrifying smile was back. He pulled something out of his pocket. He lifted his hand up and my grandmother's necklace dangled from it. "I picked it out just for you." He laughed.

I stayed exactly where I was. We then heard a car pull up outside the bar. He was distracted for a few seconds so I sat up quickly and snatched the necklace from his hands. "GET OUT!" or I'll start screaming.

"I'll always be watching you. Just like you watched out for me" He whispered before walking outside fast.

Otis ran inside finding me still holding the bat up high. "Hey, you ok? Who was that?" He was worried.

I tried to slow down my breathing as I made my way to one of the stools limping, still sore from where he had stepped on me. Otis ran up beside me and helped me. "That's him, Otis, that's the guy,"

"Did he hurt you? What did he want? I'll call Jay."

"No!" I grabbed his hand before he could pull out his phone. "Please, don't. I'm fine he just, he just came to talk to me that's all." I lied. I knew that if Jay found out about this he would probably put a tracker on me.

"Why are you limping?" He asked me

"I, I tripped when I saw him, I got scared." I got up and walked behind the bar.

That whole night I noticed Otis kept looking at me frequently, checking for any signs of pain or fear. I surprised myself at how well I was able to pretend everything was ok. I was taking some drinks over to a table when I noticed Jay come in.

Otis left from behind the counter and was walking up to him. I quickly rushed to get to him first. "Hey baby, let me get you a beer." I dragged him over to the counter giving Otis a look of warning.

I gave Jay a beer and sat with him. "Jay listen when I was opening the bar..." I started.

"y/n I want you to move in with me." He interrupted.

"Yeah, Jay I know you told me this morning, It's best if I stay with you while this get's sorted-"

"No y/n permanently." He grabbed my hands.

"Jay if this is because of the stalker-"

"No y/n I've been wanting to ask you for weeks now but I never knew how. Look we've been dating for almost 9 months now and I'm completely and utterly in love with you. I want you to be the first person I see every morning, I want to come home to you." Jay expressed to me.

I felt myself starting to tear up. "Ok." I finally spat out.

Jay's face lit up as he hopped off his stool and leaned forward to kiss me. "What did you want to tell me?" He asked.

"Oh nothing, I was gonna tell you that I told my landlord I was taking my things out of the apartment tomorrow." I lied again not wanting the moment to be ruined.