Night out (3)

It had been a couple of days since the incident and I hadn't seen anyone since. I'd spent most of my time back at my apartment. Mom had been texting me nonstop since I had told her about the accident and she wouldn't stop bugging me about making new friends so she knew I had someone to look out for me here in Chicago so finally, I gave in.

I grabbed my phone and texted Kelly.

Me: Hey Kelly, it's y/n.

Kelly: Hey y/n, I've been waiting to hear from you. You alright?

Me: Yeah I'm fine. I actually wanted to take you up on your offer. Do you wanna go out tonight? Maybe to a bar?

Kelly: Sure, sounds good. Send me your address and I'll pick you up tonight at 7. I know a bar you'd like.

So there it was, I was going out with a firefighter tonight, hopefully, that would do it for my mom. I spent a while trying to figure out what I would wear tonight not really knowing what kind of bar this was going to be or whether Kelly would interpret this as a date or not. I opted for a casual outfit that could still pass as "fancy."

I wore some beige high-waisted pants, a white crop top, an oversized black leather jacket, and some white sneakers. 

(^ idea but you can imagine it however you'd like)

It was finally time, I stashed a couple of random things in my purse before my phone rang.

"Hey y/n, it's Kelly, I'm here." I heard Kelly's voice.

"Hey, I'll be down in a second," I replied before hanging up.

I took the elevator down and once I went out through the front doors I saw Kelly in a black leather jacket leaning on his car.

"Well, I'm glad I got the memo." I laughed gesturing at his outfit.

"Maybe we can trade sometime." He laughed too before opening the car door for me. I stepped into his car and he shut the door after me.

"So where's this mystery bar you're talking about?" I asked Kelly once he started driving.

"Not far away, don't worry I know you'll like it." He smiled at me.

"Ok." I laughed. "My mom is very insistent about me getting to know people here in Chicago, she wants people looking out for me. She got kinda traumatized about the whole crowbar thing." I confessed to him.

"Well, then this is going to be the perfect night for you." He smiled at me again.

We spent the short car ride laughing about stupid things. Then we got there. 'Molly's' was written in huge letters across the front and it looked pretty crowded.

Kelly extended his arm out for me then held the door open for me to walk in. As soon as I walked in I recognized a couple of the guys from the firehouse as well as the girls, Gabby and Shay sitting on a table in the corner.

"Kelly!" I heard a guy at the bar yell. "Who's this lovely lady?" He screamed across the bar.

I felt myself go sightly red as everyone in the bar listened. "Everyone this is the girl I told you all about, y/n! She gave a heroic entrance to Chicago and she deserves a warm welcome." Kelly yelled across the whole bar as well.

I felt like melting into the ground at that very second as everyone began to cheer. Shay and Gabby dragged me over to their table.

"Sorry about that, the boys can get a little excited." Shay laughed.

"It's kinda my fault I told him I needed friends so I guess that's one way to do it." I replied sarcastically.

I was having a lot of fun getting to know everyone and I'd been there for 2 hours before another group of people walked in.

"Oh here comes my brother and his team, you should meet them." Gabby waved some people over. "Tonio, Guys come here!"

Before I knew it I was once more surrounded by a a brand new group of people. Or so I thought.