Insistent (19)

I woke up and made some breakfast for everyone, there was still some time before Casey and Dawson's shift started so Casey offered to drive us to Jay's and my apartment to get some of my stuff.

"Here are my keys, thank you for doing this." I thanked Gabby as she and Casey got out of the car.

"Don't sweat it." Gabby winked at me.

I watched as they both went into my building and disappeared into the elevator.

Jay's Pov:

Last night I had received a call from him again. "I did what you asked, now leave her alone." I cried.

"Well you know I can't do that. I said I'd keep her safe but now she's mine. Only mine" He laughed.

"I swear to God if you touch her-" he hung up.

I couldn't sleep. All I wanted to do was call her, find her but I knew she wanted nothing to do with me anymore. This is exactly what he wanted.

The next morning I heard a knock at the door. I rushed to the door hoping that it was her. I opened the door and saw Casey and Dawson. I looked around behind them.

"She's not here man, we came to grab her stuff," Casey told me. I could tell he was angry.

"Where is she?" I asked them desperate for answers.

"I don't think that's any of your business." Gabby shoved past me and into the bedroom.

"Please just tell me where she is?" I begged Casey.

"Why Jay? So you can hurt her again?" Casey screamed at me.

Gabby came back from the bedroom filled with 2 bags of her stuff. "Let's go Matt." That was all she said as she walked past me.

"Please you don't get it-" I was about to beg again.

Gabby charged towards me, Casey had to stop her. "You're right Jay we don't get it! She's an amazing girl, she's incredible, she didn't deserve that. So stay the hell away from her ok, I mean it." Casey pulled her out the door.

"Stay away from her," Casey repeated and shut the door after him.

y/n pov:

I saw Gabby and Casey getting out of the elevator. Gabby looked heated. "Is everything ok? Was he there?" I asked them as soon as they got in the car.

They took a while before answering. "No, no he wasn't I guess he already went to work." Casey finally answered.

We drove to the firehouse. A couple of people were already there. "Hey, guys." I greeted them. They were very silent which was a first for me. "Oh c, mon guys, this is when I need your loud extravaganza."

They all turned to look at one another. "Eyyyyyy!!!!!" They started cheering loudly as they got up to hug me.

And there it was, that warmth I felt from being around these guys. People I knew would never hurt me.

It was quite a relaxed day, the guys hadn't gotten a lot of calls and we were spending most of the time messing around. I had turned off my phone on purpose not wanting to receive any calls from specific people and trying to avoid looking at anything that might remind me of him.

I started making Lunch. I was taking some trash out from the back door when I heard someone walking behind me. I turned and saw Jay. I ignored him and turned around to go back inside.

"y/n please wait." He reached for my arm.

"Stay the hell away from me! I don't want to hear it" I screamed at him as she rushed back into the firehouse.

He kept chasing after me.

"y/n please I can explain." He was now standing in the kitchen and all eyes were on him.

Everyone got up immediately and stood between Jay and I. "You heard her Jay, get out of here," Kelly told him.

"I need to-" He kept trying to talk.

"I don't give a damn about what you need or don't need. Now get the hell out of my firehouse." Boden appeared behind him, speaking firmly. 

We all watched as his eyes watered before he turned back around and left.