House (31)

The next morning Jay and I decided to head out for breakfast. Hank had told him to take all the time he needed before heading back to work and he was taking his word for it. He promised to stay with me for as long as I needed and he knew I was still a little shaken up from that night. He even made appointments for me to go see a therapist.

We ordered some food and while we waited we got to chatting. After a while of talking, I found myself not listening to what Jay was saying because of something in my mind.

"Jay I think we should move." I blurted out.

"What?" I caught him by surprise and he choked on his coffee.

"I'm sorry...Look, I love your apartment Jay I really do, but we're about to get married and I have to be honest with you, I have too many bad memories in that apartment. I need a fresh start." I explained.

"No I get it y/n, I'd love to move but we don't have enough money."

"I have to tell you something else." I smiled.

He furrowed his brows confused. "What?"

"Before moving to Chicago my parents gave me all their savings, they told me it was mine but they suggested I used it when I was ready to settle down," I told him. "There's enough money for us to get a house and for the wedding, and possibly even for something else." I had a huge smile on my face.

"You're full of surprises you know that." Jay laughed.

———
Soon enough Jay and I were house hunting. We knew we both wanted something cozy, nothing too elegant, or modern. We decided to look for already furnished houses. And after only 3 days of searching, we found the perfect home. The inside and the garden were what sold it for us.

^(basic idea but imagine what you want)

"This is it." We both said in unison when we first walked in.

"We'll take it." We told the realtor.

And after a whole lot of paperwork that was it, we had a new home. "Can we have a housewarming party pleaseee." I asked jay in a baby voice.

Jay laughed. "How can I say no to my gorgeous fiancée." Jay leaned down to kiss me.

—————
We invited everyone to the housewarming party. Everyone was so excited for us and all Gabby and Shay would talk about now were wedding preparations after I told them about the savings account I had from my parents.

"And we can have a huge cake with like 10 different layers," Shay was telling Gabby.

I laughed at their crazy ideas. "Oh my God, you can't forget the bachelorette party." Gabby reminded Shay.

"Oh god, I think I'm gonna go." I got up from the couch laughing and left them brainstorming.

I walked over to Jay who was talking to Will. "Gabby and Shay are already planning the bachelorette party." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Funny, I just asked Will to be my best man," Jay told me.

"Is that so. Well, you better get to planning best man." I winked at Will.

"I need to go talk to Adam and Kevin." Will rushed away.

Jay and I laughed. Jay pulled me next to him as we looked around at our guests.

"I don't think I've ever been this happy." I looked up to meet Jay's eyes.

"I can't wait for a little tiny person to be running around the house," Jay smirked.

"What are you trying to say, Halstead? You want a kid already."

"No I mean we can wait, but you know what they say..."

"And what's that?" I asked him.

"Practice makes perfect so we better get on it." Jay laughed.

I nudged him.