Please don't go (23)

Jay's Pov:

She took one deep breath before her body flopped in my arms. "Baby! y/n!" I called for her before Kelly pulled me off to the side.

Gabby and Shay rushed in

"She's not breathing, She doesn't have a pulse," Shay told Gabby.

They started doing CPR on her. "C,mon y/n, c,mon!" I could tell Gabby was crying.

The room went silent as we all watched Gabby and Shay trying to resuscitate her. It felt like hours had gone by as they continued compressions, shocking her every once in a while.

"There still no pulse." I heard Shay's voice breaking.

"DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON US Y/N!" Otis yelled. Everyone was on the verge of tears.

A few more minutes passed by...

"I've got a pulse! it's very faint but it's there," Shay spoke.

"We need to get her to the ambo now!" Gabby told Chief Boden.

"Everyone out of the way, I want an escort for her all the way to the hospital," Hank yelled.

Kelly and Casey helped Gabby and Shay take y/n up to the ambulance while I followed. I hopped in the ambulance with her. In the Ambo Shay kept a close eye on her and I could tell she was waiting for her to arrest again.

We finally got to Med, I saw several surprised faces as they saw me hop out of the car and then seeing y/n laying lifeless on the bed.

"Trauma 1 now!" Maggie yelled. "Dr. Rhodes! Dr. Choi!" She yelled again.

I followed her all the way to the room not leaving her side until I felt a couple of arms pull me back. It was Will.

"Let them work Jay." He kept holding me since I was fighting back to be by her side. Ethan shut the doors and the blinds.

"This is my fault." I couldn't hold it in anymore. "Will this is all my fault." I broke down in my brother's arms.

___

Hours had elapsed since I'd last heard from y/n. A lot of us were in the waiting room, over half the firehouse, Kim, Adam, Kevin, Antonio, Hank we were all waiting for answers.

Connor and Ethan walked into the waiting room. Everyone stood up. "How is she?" Kelly asked.

"The car accident caused broken ribs and a head injury but it looks like following blows caused her rib to puncture her lung. She'd been internally bleeding for a couple of hours. She got really lucky. She's out of the blue for now but she'll have to stay in the ICU for a couple of days, there is a high possibility she can go downhill again...She's a fighter." Ethan explained to us all.

"If you guys hadn't found her sooner she would be dead," Connor added.

A huge sigh was shared throughout the room. "Can we see her?" Gabby asked.

"She's not awake yet but you can visit her, one at a time though," Ethan told us before they both walked away.

I was the first to go see her. I walked into the room and seeing her with tubes sticking out from every part of her body was enough to make me break down again. Despite this, she still managed to look perfect, so beautiful. All I could think of was how much I should be the one in the bed right now, not her.

I leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Hey, baby. It's me." I whispered. "I'm so sorry baby, I'm sorry." I touched my forehead to hers. "I thought I was keeping you safe, all I wanted was to keep you safe. I love you. Please hold on. Please don't go." I squeezed her hand.