His place (6)

The car ride to his place was fairly quiet. He kept asking me if I was ok and telling me that everything would sort itself out. He told me the girls would be more than happy to take me shopping for some more clothes and that Casey knew about construction so he would be able to fix the broken parts of my apartment.

"I just...I was so excited to move here to Chicago, and I mean don't get me wrong I love it here, you all have been great to me. It's just...I feel like I'm starting to get a little paranoid if I'm honest with you Jay." I confessed.

"Hey, don't worry we won't let anything happen to you. I mean all the guys, from 51, from the district, from Med, trust me they've already got an eye out for you. You're not alone anymore." He tried to comfort me.

We arrived at his place. He opened the front door and let me in first. "So yeah this is me. The bedroom is right over there and the bathroom and shower are in there." He told me.

I took a look around. "Thank you so much, Jay, I'll just take a quick shower and I'll sleep on the couch...I won't take long." I said making my way over to the bathroom.

"No y/n please take the bed, I'll sleep on the couch." Jay hollered at me before I got too far.

"No Jay, I can't you've already done too much." I smiled at him and didn't let him protest as I walked into the bedroom and shut the door.

I quickly washed myself off and put on some comfy set of PJs.

I put on an oversized hoodie over me as well. I walked out of his bedroom and found Jay shirtless getting comfortable on the couch.

"Jay!" I shouted his name causing him to jump slightly.

"I'm not moving." He laughed.

"Jay I'm not sleeping on the bed,"

"Well, it might as well be the floor then because I'm not moving." Jay was being stubborn too.

"Fine," I whispered. I took my hoodie off and bundled it to make a pillow getting down on the floor in front of the couch and laying down.

I heard him scoff behind me. "Really?"

"Shh, I'm trying to sleep." I raised my hand.

A couple of seconds later I felt his hands around my waist lifting me up.

"Hey!" I tried to protest as he effortlessly threw me over his shoulder. He then threw me down on his bed.

"Stay here!" He instructed trying to hold back his laughter.

"Fine, under one condition," I said before he could leave.

"And what is that?" He turned to face me.

"You stay on the bed too."

He hesitated to answer at first. "Really?"

"Yeah, really. It doesn't have to mean anything." I quickly added.

He nodded before he made his way over to the other side of the bed. We maintained a good distance between us. He turned off the light.

"Hey, Jay." I whispered

"mhmm."

"Thank you."

"Don't mention it."