Florida (20)

Everyone turned around to face me. "You alright y/n?" Boden asked me.

"Yeah...I think I need to go home."

"Of course, Gabby can take you and-" Casey started.

"No, I mean I have to go back to Florida." I clarified. I saw the shocked and disappointed expressions on everyone's faces.

"What-" Otis stepped closer to me.

"I'm sorry guys, you have all been amazing to me and I promise you that this is not me giving up it's just I need to get away from here, from him. I think I need to go back home to remember once again why I left." I explained to them all.

I could start to see some of the guys were starting to comprehend a little more. There was silence for a couple of minutes. "Will you promise to check in every day?" Kelly finally spoke.

"Of course I will." I stepped forward to give Kelly a massive hug. "If he asks can you guys please not tell him where I am," I asked them after I hugged everyone.

"Of course, this information stays here." Hermann winked.

"Well thank you guys, I'll take a cab to get my car." I started walking away.

"Please text one of us when you're in Florida," Cruz shouted before I was too far.

Gabby and Shay walked with me all the way to the driveway. "I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough for everything you've done for me." I hugged them.

"We're the lucky ones to have met you," Gabby said.

"51 won't be the same without you." Shay sniffled a little.

"I'll miss you girls, I love you." I hugged them one more time before walking to the street.

"Hey! If you're ever in any trouble just say the word ok?" Gabby yelled.

"Yeah just say...Pouch and we'll come to get you." Shay shouted after.

I laughed at them both before hopping into a cab I had stopped.

____

I was on the road. Driving was actually starting to be very therapeutic, being alone, listening to music. I really thought I had made the right choice. Luckily it was still pretty early so I thought I'd drive for as long as I could, then I would stop at a motel and drive the rest of the way early in the morning.

I had been driving for a couple of hours definitely feeling calmer when I heard my phone buzz on the seat next to me. I pulled over at a truck stop to check it. It was Jay calling me. I rolled my eyes and ignored it and set it back down on the passenger seat.

I started the car again and when I checked the rearview mirror I noticed someone get out of their car and start speed walking to mine and something was in their pocket. I started to get really nervous. I grabbed my phone and with hesitation, I answered Jay.

"y/n, please I need to talk to you where are you?" I heard urgency in his voice.

I set the phone on my lap and started driving. I kept checking my rearview mirror and I saw the man run back to his car and follow me "Jay I need you to listen to me, I'm on the highway, I'm on the way to Florida, I think there is a man following me in his car-" my phone started losing signal. "Hello? Jay?"

"y/n...wh...he..:" I couldn't hear Jay anymore.

"Sh*t" trying my best to keep an eye on the road I clicked on another contact.

"Hey y/n, I knew you'd miss me too much-" I heard Shay's voice.

"Shay! I need help." I screamed. I could hear her voice getting cut off too.

"What?" I could make out.

"Shay Pouch! Pouch!" I repeated.

The connection was lost.