Trip to Med (2)

The whole car ride with Kelly was pretty nice. I anticipated it to be awkward but he was very good at making conversation. Once we got to Med he offered to walk me in.

"I'm friends with a couple of people so we can make this quick." he winked at me as we walked into the E.R. We walked up to a nurse.

"Hey April, This is y/n, she's new here in Chicago, we met today when she heroically stopped a guy from kidnapping a little boy...who then hit her on the head with a crowbar," Kelly explained to the nurse.

I sarcastically furrowed my brows at his description of my actions. "Is that right..." April smiled looking at me. "Alright, well why don't you come with me y/n and we'll get you checked out." April gestured for me to follow her.

"Well I need to head back to 51 but here, this is my number. Call me and let me know if you need anything.... any help with settling in..." Kelly smirked at me handing me a card.

"Ok, will do." I stifled a laugh as I walked with April.

____

After getting a couple of scans done I was left waiting. A tall redheaded doctor came in. "Hey, Miss. y/l/n, I'm Doctor Halstead and I'll be treating you today." He smiled.

"y/n is fine." I smiled back.

"Ok, well y/n there is nothing to worry about, you have a Grade 2 concussion which is consistent with receiving a blow as you did and you have a cut on the back of your head that should heal over time, it doesn't require stitches. I'll prescribe you some pain meds and I need you to take it easy for a few days but apart from that, you're free to go." He explained.

"Ok, thank you." I smiled.

"Before you go do you mind answering some questions for the police regarding the attempted kidnapping?" He asked me.

"Oh yeah of course." I nodded.

"Alright come in." Dr. Halstead gestured for someone outside the door.

I felt myself blush at the attractiveness of the detective that had just come in. "I'm Detective Jay Halstead, Dr. Halstead's brother. We just need to ask you a few questions about what happened."

"mhmm." That was all I managed to say. He then took a chair and sat in front of me.

"Can you tell me what happened please?" Detective Halstead began the questioning.

"I was jogging down the street when I heard a woman yell, I looked up and saw an elderly woman holding onto a kid while another man in a hood tried to yank the kid away from her..." I explained everything.

"Ok did you see anything else?" He continued asking me.

"He took off in a car, it was a black Volvo but I didn't get a better look." I tried to remember.

"And how about the suspect, did you get a look at him?" The detective asked me, he seemed a little frustrated.

"No, I didn't get a good look at all. I was more focused on the kid, sorry" I apologized.

"I'm sure when you got in front of him you saw something. I mean not even hair color? " He sounded arrogant.

"I'm sure I would have if he hadn't taken a crowbar to my head Detective." I talked back.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine, that's all for now. I'm gonna need your information though in case we have to contact you again." He then said handing me a piece of paper with a pen.

I didn't say anything and took it and wrote my number and address down. "Here." I said shoving the items back into his hands and grabbing my things before starting to walk away. "Oh and by the way-" I turned around to face him. "I'm ok thanks for asking." I pointed at the dried blood on my hair. He was about to say something but I walked away.