Chapter 3

'She's gonna fit right in'

Tommy

We stopped at McDonald's on the way to the house but I felt sick at the thought of all of that greasy processed food so I didn't get anything.

When we made it to the house I was frozen in awe, this house was HUGE. In the past, the foster homes were usually small and looked like you could cough on them and they would disintegrate—this was unexpected.

"IT'S HUGE!" I say aloud, immediately covering my mouth

They laugh

"Yea I guess it is" Phil chuckles

"Let's get you settled in and then you can explore or something" he continues

I nod eagerly and grab my bag practically falling out of the car.

When the twins get inside they go separate ways leaving me and Phil together.

I felt safe with Phil, a little quicker than I'm used to but I guess it's ok.

I'm shown the kitchen and living room, it's surprisingly clean and modern, unlike past homes where there were ciggy buds and bottles everywhere.

Next, I'm shown the bedrooms, they each have signs on them and at the end of the hall there's an empty blank sign

"We are all here if you need anything, our rooms have names so it's easier to tell who's room is who's, also school starts in 2 months since it's summer, we thought that might make it easier to settle in" Phil explains and I nod in understanding.

I'm shown my room which may I say, looks amazing, it's so much cooler than the foster centre and past homes.

"It's already furnished because it used to be a guest room but tomorrow I was planning on taking you to the mall to make it more personal, also to get you new clothes and things like that," he says looking at me

I smile widely and hug him to show I'm thankful, it was all good until I realized what I was doing, I stepped back and looked at the floor mumbling a small 'sorry'.

"Aw mate no need to apologize, it's ok, I enjoyed it" he laughs

I nod and set my bag on the bed and sit down looking at him.

"So, I'll leave you to unpack and settle in, you don't have to leave if you don't want to but I'll send one of the boys up to get when dinner is ready which speaking of, if you want to eat in your room you can but we usually eat in the dining area just to let you know, either is okay" he explains

"Okay, thank you so much, Phil" I say gratefully and he shuts the door and heads downstairs.

Once I make sure he's gone I grab my
Bag and start unpacking but something catches my eye, my trans flag, I forgot I left it in this bag.

I take it out of the bag and admire it for a few seconds before looking for a place to hide it.

I ended up hiding it in a box at the back corner of my closet and I hid it under some shoes and behind my clothes for extra measure, I don't know what these people think of the LGBT community and I prefer not to find out anytime soon.

I finish unpacking and spot a computer in the corner of my bedroom, I don't know how I didn't see it at first but I may be fucking blind.

I turn it on and download a few games one of which being Minecraft, I also downloaded twitch and discord.

I login to all of my old accounts and end up playing Minecraft for a few hours.

All was going great, these people didn't bother me and didn't even yell at me for being in my room all day.

I decided to log off for the night and take a quick nap because I didn't sleep much the night before

I change into some shorts and a baggy shirt since they seem to help with my dysphoria and I'd rather not breakdown at my new foster home on the first day.

I climb into bed and close my eyes, I think about happy memories and my eyes start to feel heavy, for the first time in a long time, I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

'Maybe this won't be so bad'