Chapter 18

'I'm trans'
---------------------------------------------------------
(CW//Self-harm talk/mentions)
---------------------------------------------------------

Tommy

"You're what?" he asks

'Fuck'

"I-I'm transgender" I mutter, not meeting eye contact with him

We sit in tense silence for a few seconds before he brought a hand to my chin and moved my face to meet his.

I expected him to tell me off or be angry but there's no trace of anger or irritation when I look at him, unlike with the old home and foster workers I feel safe.

All of my stress and nervousness melt away as he pulls me into a comforting hug, I let my built-up emotions leave through the hot and salty tears my eyes produced.

"Oh thank fuck" he mutters, leading me to pull away with confusion clear on my face.

"Pardon?" I scoff

"It would've been so fucking awkward if you weren't trans, son," he said, wheezing like the old fuck he is.

"Wha-bu-why?" I ask, shifting awkwardly.

"I had figured you were...have you talked to Technoblade?" He asked, lifting some stress off of my shoulders.

"Um, yeah actually, he was the first person I talked to. I had no idea he was trans" I said, pulling my legs to my chest and resting my back against the headboard.

"Yep. That's how I knew, I noticed some similarities between you and him before he transitioned and put two and two together." He explained

"Oh..." was all I could say

"I hope that doesn't offend you, I'm sorry if I did," he says, eyes frantically searching mine for any sign of discomfort.

"No no, not offended. Just surprised you read me so well" I laughed

He nodded and we sat in silence for several seconds, both of us in our thoughts.

"So, what is your real name and pronouns?" He asks suddenly

A grin breaks out of my face. "My name is Tommy, and my pronouns are he/him" I tell him

"Right, I think that name suits you." He says

"Thank you"

"Mhm, who all knows?" He then asked

"Like everyone...I'm sorry, I was nervous" I mumble. He sits against the headboard and pulls me into a side hug, I lay my head in the crook of his neck as he cards a hand through my hair.

I'm not the most touchy person but I genuinely just want the comfort of my dad right now, I don't know why but I just do and having him next to me is enough to comfort me.

"I understand, I know how hard it can be to tell someone something like that. Im proud of you either way" He says.

That was all I wanted to hear, it was all I ever wanted to hear and it means a fuck ton to me to hear it from Phil.

"Thank you" I mumble, tears threatening to fall.

We sit like this for a few minutes, it was relaxing to just be in each other's company right now.