𝟐|𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

        ― I EMBRACED THE MARAUDERS, greeting Remus and Peter as I took a seat in the train compartment. We had all grown even closer as friends once Sirius moved in with me, even spending weeks at a time at each other's houses.

        "So, Remus, did you apologize to Little Laine for me?" Sirius chuckled nervously. When we had spent the week at Remus' to help him for his transformation, Sirius walked in on her singing to her plants. It shouldn't have been that big of a deal, but she is very shy and was very embarrassed by the situation.

        "Well," He laughed, "She's right there, you can apologize to her yourself." We all turned to the door of the compartment, waving at Celaine as she entered.

        "Hi." She mumbled, smiling big at Remus and Peter. Out of our group, she favored them. Peter was quieter and less rowdy than the rest of us, and Remus was her beloved brother.

        "Hey, Laine. Whatcha up to?" Remus asked, making space for his sister to sit next to him. She cuddled up into his side, wrapping her arms around his mid-section.

        "Alice is hanging out with Frank, and I didn't want to be a third-wheel." She shrugged, looking around the compartment. She blushed when her eyes landed on Sirius, burying her face in Remus' sweater.

        "Love, I said I was sorry!" He groaned, slouching in his seat, "There is no need to be embarrassed."

        She shook her head in protest, only looking up to glare at Remus when he laughed at her, hitting him on the arm. I smiled, staring at Celaine without even noticing it. I stopped once the thoughts in my head started to get out of hand.

        She's so pretty.

        I can't believe someone as angelic as her exists.

        I wonder what it would be like to be in Remus' spot right now.

        I shook my head to get rid of these thought, telling myself that I loved Lily, and only Lily.

        Or did I really love my Lily Flower as much as I thought I did?

        My thought process was interrupted when Lily herself knocked on the door, peeping her head in only to roll her eyes at me when I grinned, "Come to visit me, Lily Flower?"

        She groaned, "I told you not to call me Lily Flower, Potter. And no, I didn't come to visit you, I'm here for Remus. We have the Prefect meeting in five minutes." The wolf nodded, kissing Celaine on the temple before following Evans out of the compartment. Our group of five was now down to four, with Little Laine curled up in the corner of the cushioned bench as she avoided eye-contact with Sirius.

        "He doesn't bit, Celaine." I teased, winking in her direction. This flustered her even more and I felt a sense of pride build up in my chest, only confusing me more. Sirius let out his bark-like laugh, startling her and making her jump. The three of us burst into laughter at this reaction, causing her to grumble under her breath and her face to become bright red.

        "Aw, love, I'm sorry," Sirius cooed, moving to sit next to her instead of across from her, "I didn't mean to scare you." He bit his lip as not to burst out laughing again, wrapping his arms around her and rocking them back and forth in a mocking manner.

        "Oh sure, Sirius," She scoffed, "You're lucky I don't get mad at people."

        "And I'm grateful you don't, love, I'm sorry." He placed a wet kiss on her cheek and she fake-gagged, making us burst into laughter again. This time, the tinkly giggle of Celaine's joined in with us, and the four of us spent the rest of the train ride talking about our summers.

        I couldn't help myself from staring at Celaine, taking in her perfectly proportioned structure. While Remus was tall, like his father, Celaine inherited the small genes from her mother, reaching about five-foot-three. That's the perfect size to cuddle, I thought, quickly snapping out of it once it ran through my brain and I processed it. 

        What is wrong with me?

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂